Coordinator, Quality Improvement - Office of Accreditation and Quality Improvement - Boston Public Health Commission
- Job posted by Boston Public Health Commission
1010 Mass Ave 6th floor
- Masters of Public Health or other related master's OR Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
- At least one-year project management experience (preferred)
- At least one-year experience working in the field of health quality (preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of quality improvement methods and tools
- Previous experience leading quality improvement projects (preferred).
- Comfortable speaking in public and facilitating workshops
- Strong data analysis background and experience working with statistical programs
- Comfortable working under pressure and strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills that support activities to improve individual, program, and
- organizational performance (e.g., encouragement, optimism, compassion, empathy, resilience, recognition of the value of performance improvement)
The Quality Improvement Coordinator will work closely with the Accreditation and Quality Improvement Office (AQI) Director in the implementation and oversight of AQI Office's activities within BPHC and will assist the Director in leading the day-to-day operations of the office. The Coordinator will support the following roles:
- Coordinate the implementation of BPHCs Quality Improvement Plan strategies.
- Leads research activities related to quality initiatives to ensure continuous quality improvement and use of evidence based and best practices.
- Coordinates quality Improvement committee meetings.
- Coordinates annual evaluation of BPHC Quality Improvement Plan and Performance Management System.
- Utilizes performance improvement tools to streamline BPHC processes, improve customer service and enhance agency efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist Director in design and delivery of QI staff trainings.
- Serves as coach for BPHC staff to apply quality improvement principles to their programs.
- Coordinate and manage assigned projects.
- Assist Director in ensuring PHAB accreditation standards are consistently met.
- Prepares PHAB accreditation document narratives and produce feedback/annual reports.
- Develops and implements activities to ensure effective operations and compliance with established standards and/or contracted goals & objectives.
- Prepares quarterly strategic plan and performance management reports.
- Advocates for the use of quality improvement, performance management, and workforce
development methods, tools, and practices throughout the organization.
- Provides support and coaching to staff engaged at all levels of performance management efforts.
- Conducts data analysis and develops dashboards and visualizations for various projects.
- Design and delivery of performance management staff trainings.
- Develop agendas, plan, and co-facilitate meetings and trainings.
- Supervise quality improvement and other related projects.
- May occasionally supervise Interns/Fellows.
- Performs other duties as required
City of Boston Residency Required, A Criminal Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position. However, a record is not an automatic bar to employment but is reviewed in relation to the job applied for., Any position that requires an advanced degree will be subject to education verification, The Boston Public Health Commission is an EEO Employer and all applicants meeting the minimum requirements are eligible to apply
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply