We’re looking for charismatic scientists, technicians, engineers, and mathematicians to lead/co-lead our hands-on lessons in the classrooms to students in grades 3-8. Classes are taught during the school day, and will be in person, schools permitting. Do you have a passion for inspiring all of our youth to see themselves as future scientists & engineers? Consider joining our team!
- Must have an undergraduate degree in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering or math) and be pursuing or have obtained an advanced STEM degree, or have working STEM industry experience
- Experience teaching, coaching or mentoring youth is a plus, though not required as you will receive training and will be co-teaching with an experienced instructor
- Excellent communication (in person & in emails) and ability to build rapport with diverse set of stakeholders including students, teachers, school administrators, SciSci co-teachers & colleagues
- Physical ability to pick up and carry STEM exploration containers (up to 40 lbs) and load/unload items
- Physical ability to be on your feet for a full school day
- Experience using Google Apps (GMail, Calendar, and Drive), virtual platforms (e.g. Google Meet, Zoom) is a plus
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable form of transportation. Must be able to drive to schools
- Clearance on background check
- Full-time or Part-time, non-exempt hourly employment from August/September 2021 – June 2022 with the opportunity to extend to the summer and following school year(s). Base level part-time commitment is 1 school day (6 hours) every other week.
- Starting pay at $25/hour
- Part-time employees: travel stipends, professional development opportunities
- Full-time employees: health and dental insurance, 401K, paid holidays and time off, technology and travel stipends, professional development opportunities
Science from Scientists is an equal opportunity employer. Those from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for an instructor position, please click on the green button and fill out the application form before emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.