Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Finance Department has an immediate opening for a Payroll Coordinator. The primary function of this position is to support 2,000+ employees of the Society to ensure that they are paid timely and accurately.
* Assist in processing the semi-monthly payroll, including all employee specific wage adjustments
* Perform compensation-related reporting and analyses
* Process new hires in the ADP enterprise system
* Process all salary increases and adjustments
* Handle the preparation of payroll documents (direct deposits, W-4s, state withholding forms and payroll registers)
* Update employee data in ADP and Financial Edge
* Prepare the monthly payroll data to be uploaded into Financial Edge
* Process employee expense reimbursements in ADP and Financial Edge
* Research and resolve employee payroll discrepancies
* Interact with employees and all levels of management on payroll related projects and inquiries
* Assist with payroll related audit requests
* Special projects as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* BS in Accounting or Finance
* Minimum of two years of work experience, non-profit preferred
* Proficiency in Excel
* Experience with Financial Edge a plus
* Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service regarding all payroll issues
* Ability to meet deadlines, and strong organizational and problem solving skills
* Strong attention to details with a proactive approach to solving and preventing problems
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Sense of professionalism and confidentiality, with an exceptional work ethic
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required