Details: Depends on Experience
730 Polk Street
Margot Murphy Women’s Cancer Program is a community-based cancer patient navigation program in San Francisco for women. Our Care Navigators support clients through diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cancer. They provide case management, advocacy, connection to resources, interpretation, emotional and practical support.
· Responsible for providing bilingual Care Navigation to 1.0 FTE caseload of clients with cancer including: case management and individualized care planning, emotional support, client needs assessments, patient and social services advocacy, appointment accompaniment and high-touch referrals to other resource providers within the community
· Provide emotional support and practical assistance to clients which includes home and hospital visits
· Maintain client charts and record client updates in agency database in a timely manner
· Collaborate closely with team members, social workers, healthcare providers and community partner agencies, such as but not limited to: UCSF, Kaiser, Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), Northeast Medical Services (NEMS), Chinese Hospital, and others
· Maintain close working relationships with key community partners, such as Breast Cancer Emergency Fund (BCEF), American Cancer Society (ACS), Cancer Care, Project Open Hand (POH), Charlotte Maxwell, and others
· Completes Bi-Weekly Timesheets and Monthly Supervision Form
· Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, and supervisory sessions
· Participate in Health Research activities
· Provide support to our Health & Wellness Activities for clients in survivorship
· Record monthly units of service (UOS) as required by contracts
· Assist with agency fundraising activities as appropriate
· Participate in the development of positive team relationships
· Facilitate Shanti Peer Support Volunteers Training
· Participate in client outreach, conferences, and other related activities
· Assist with administrative, interpretation and translation assignments
· Perform other tasks as identified and assigned
Generous benefit package includes medical, dental and vision. Paid time off includes sick, vacation, personal days as well as holidays. Other benefits include life insurance, long term and short-term disability, chiropractic/acupuncture, Employee Assistance Program and Identity Theft Protection. 403B saving plan also available.
Level of Language Proficiency
- BA or equivalent experience
- 2 - 3 years' experience in providing direct services preferred
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Bilingual in written and spoken Spanish
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, volunteers, clients, and other agencies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Demonstrates sensitivity and comfort working in a culturally diverse environment
- Knowledge of resources in SF community preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required navigate and travel around the city of San Francisco using public transportation and be comfortable walking or standing for extended periods.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Shanti is an equal opportunity employer that supports and lives diversity in our staffing and values. Shanti complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. We actively encourage and seek qualified candidates from people of all backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required