2500 NE 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Program Manager – Pathways for Under-18 Housing Services: Under the supervision of the Director of Under-18 Housing and Shelter Services, the Pathways Program Manager will manage the operations of YouthCare’s housing program, Pathways. Management of the program includes hiring & supervising program staff, providing onsite and one-on-one supervision of staff, crisis intervention, participating in meetings, record keeping, and reporting, and implementation of programming in accordance with YouthCare and funding source procedures, rules, and guidelines. The Pathways Program is an integral part of King County’s Safe Place response. The Program Manager, with the support of the Safe Place Program Manager, is responsible for leading the success of the team in phone response as well as in-person response. Must have strong management and organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible while maintaining a safe environment.
Successful candidates will have:
· 5 years of successful full-time experience in a relevant field; OR, a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field and at least 2 years of experience working with children or young people; OR, a Master’s degree in Social Work or related field and at least 1 year of experience working with children or young people.
· Supervisory abilities that promote effective staff performance
· Relevant experience, training, and demonstrated skills in each area they will be managing.
· Strong management and organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible while maintaining a safe environment.
· When on-call, must be able to respond in person and address emergent and safety concerns within a reasonable amount of time 24 hours a day.
· Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements.
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Program Manager - Pathways