Details: Provide salary requirements within your cover letter.
3631 Perkins Avenue, Unit 2CE
The Development Manager will work in collaboration with the America SCORES Cleveland staff and Board of Directors to lead or assist in various aspects of our fundraising strategy, including managing and cultivating donors, planning and implementing fundraising events, conducting an annual appeal and writing grants. Through all activities, the Development Manager is a story-teller and relationship manager, educating the Cleveland community about our mission, program and impact that we have on our students. This position reports to the America SCORES Cleveland Executive Director. Our organization serves over 1,000 students in Cleveland with a current annual budget of $500K.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to the America SCORES Cleveland team and overall operations: actively participate in annual goal-setting, initiatives, events, and day-to-day functioning with a team-centered approach; be open to giving and receiving constructive feedback; be open to fulfilling necessary jobs or roles as needed.
Corporate, Foundation and Individual Donor Fundraising
- Serve as lead on grant writing and reporting
- Assist Executive Director and Board with corporate and foundation fundraising, which includes researching potential partners, developing presentations and packets, and participating in meetings and site visits
- Engage/recognize sponsors throughout the year through newsletters, reports, poems, pictures, thank you letters, program site visits, etc.
- Organize and implement annual appeal / Giving Tuesday for new and existing donors
- Strive to increase the number of individual donors and their level of giving
- Track all donations in online management system
- Develop & maintain annual Fundraising Calendar
- Coordinate planning and implementation of annual fundraising events, including creation of timelines, goals, budget, and action plan – key events are corporate soccer tournament and an annual gala
- Work with staff, committees, and volunteers to ensure event plan execution
- Create and administer event ticketing and registration processes
- Assist Executive Director in meeting revenue goals for each fundraising event
Oversee Associate Board
- Associate Board - Serve as lead staff person in recruiting and training Associate Board members
- Create goals and action steps for the Associate Board
Support Fundraising Committee
- Fundraising Committee - Serve as lead staff person to the Chair of the Fundraising Committee
- Maintain committee notes and action items and work with committee chair to complete tasks and communicate to the entire committee, staff, and board any items needed for committee-related work
o Passionate about America SCORES’ mission, urban & public school education, youth development, creative writing and soccer
o Willingness and ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills
o Proactive and able to work independently, reporting updates in a timely manner to the Executive Director
o Excellent organizational abilities and capacity to manage multiple projects and work under pressure
o The ability to build relationships among a diverse group of constituents including program participants, board members and donors
o Excellent written communication skills – both formal (i.e. grants) and informal (i.e. emails)
o Comfortable speaking in front of groups
o Proactively identifies and creatively solves problems
o Undergraduate degree
o At least two (2) years proven experience in either a public, private or non-profit organization.
o Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
o Candidates should own a car, as program sites are scattered throughout the city.
o Candidate must pass a background check.
o Must be flexible, dependable, and have a good sense of humor
o Prior experience working in Development, Grant Writing, and/or Event Planning
o Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, Creative Writing, English, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
o Background in sports; soccer experience preferred
o Proficiency in digital communications (social media, emails, etc.)
o Some experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop
Benefits include a generous PTO (Paid Time Off) policy, medical and dental coverage, a 403(b) plan, and travel reimbursement.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references (at least 1 must be a supervisor) to Debi Pence-Meyenberg (email@example.com), Executive Director of America SCORES Cleveland, by April 29, 2018, with the subject “Development Manager Application”.