The New York Foundling (the "Foundling") is one of the oldest, largest and most well-respected human services agencies in New York. Established as a home for abandoned children, the Foundling has been saving children, preserving families, and building communities since 1869. The Foundling's focus is on child welfare and the developmentally disabled and creating a community where each child, youth and adult enjoys the safe, stable and support relationships needed to reach his or her full physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual potential. We have over 1300 employees located in every borough of New York City, Westchester and Rockland Counties and in Puerto Rico.
We are currently looking to for a Home Recruitment & Assessment Coordinator to support our Homefinding Department.
The Home Recruitment Coordinator will identify new resource families and help support them through the certification process.
1. Identify and attend community events to help identify new resource families in the communities NYF serves.
2. Network with current foster parents and community leaders to plan and facilitate new recruitment events.
3. Attend Community Partnership Program meetings and recruitment events.
4. Plan for and co-facilitate MAPP and Mini MAPP sessions.
5. Present engaging and lively information on how and why to become a foster parent via multiple platforms (i.e. public speaking events, social media, written materials, and face to face). Expectations include a minimum of 3-4 recruitment events/activities per week.
6. Attend all appropriate internal meetings
7. Enter data into recruitment tracking system.
8. Track, measure and analyze community events, social media campaigns, and “Foster Parent Ambassadors” as effective recruitment resources for new resource parents.
9. Engage recruited families until they have been assigned a Parent Resource Coordinator.
10. Conduct initial home visit to assess the family dynamics and physical plan of the home. Ensure that all potential prospective homes meet the physical standards required and prepare write up of the home assessment.
11. Conduct retention interviews with current foster parents and assist with support and recognition activities
12. Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor and administrators.
- BA/BS in Social Work, Psychology or Sociology required.
§ Ability and willingness to travel to all 5 boroughs of NYC
§ Knowledge of community required.
§ Excellent public speaking and inter-personal communication skills required.
§ Experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheets for data tracking, and social media platforms
§ Ability and willingness to work some weekends and evenings is required.
§ Must be a positive, energetic self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new recruitment initiatives.
The Foundling offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, tuition reimbursement, in-service training, flexible work schedules and competitive salaries.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying on our website at www.nyfoundling.org/about/jobs/. The position is listed as Home Recr/Assess Coor, req #18-0067