Independent Living Supports and Services Coordinator
- Job posted by Boston Center for Independent Living, Inc.
60 Temple Place, 5th Floor
Position Summary: Will assist people with disabilities enrolled in the new health plans for people on Medicaid and Medicare to identify and acquire services to maximize their independence and health status. Will provide coordination of Long Term Supports and Services for health plan enrollees, working with the consumer as a full member of his or her Interdisciplinary Care Team, though representing BCIL at all times.
- Representing the long term care needs of the enrollee, advocating for the enrollee and providing education on long term supports and services to the interdisciplinary care team and the enrollee.
- Providing long term supports and services coordination that includes in-home/facility assessments and contributing to and/or evaluating the enrollee’s individualized care plan and monitoring the plan at the enrollee’s direction.
- As a member of the care team, participating in initial and ongoing assessments of the health and functional status of enrollees, and developing the community-based component of a care plan necessary to improve or maintain enrollee’s independence, health and functional status.
- Arranging and coordinating the authorization and provision of appropriate community long term supports and services and resources.
- Assisting Enrollees to access personnel care attendant (PCA) services as needed.
- Monitoring the appropriate provision and functional outcomes of community long term supports and services, according to the care plan, as deemed appropriate by the care team.
- Determining community-based alternatives to long-term care.
- Assessing appropriateness for facility-based long care, if indicated.
- Working with BCIL staff as needed in service coordination efforts.
- Performing other duties as assigned by BCIL supervisor.
Desired Qualifications and competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services, or at least two years’ relevant experience working with people with disabilities.
- Completion of training that includes education on person-centered planning and person-centered direction.
- Knowledge of the home and community-based service system and how to access and arrange for services;
- Experience in conducting needs assessments for long term care needs and with monitoring long term supports and services delivery.
- Cultural competence and the ability to provide informed advocacy.
- Ability to write an Individualized Care Plan and communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, across complicated service and support systems or ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to positively interact and advocate with a complex Interdisciplinary Care Team while representing a consumer’s needs and goals.
- Ability to work on tight timelines.
- Bilingual a plus.
Excellent Benefits package including health and dental
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-Lingual a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Fax, mail or e-mail cover letter and resume to:
HR Director Boston Center for Independent Living, Inc.
60 Temple Place, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02111-1324
617 338-6661 (fax)
or apply at our web site: bostoncil.org/employment-opportunities/
BCIL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation is provided as needed for employees and other affiliates. Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) checks are part of BCIL's standard procedure.