160 Convent Avenue
CMR seeks to hire a full-time Outreach Associate to increase public awareness of the donateNYC program, specifically targeting organizations eligible for the donateNYC Partnership. The position will be based at CMR’s offices on the City College campus, with 1-2 days per week spent out of the office performing in-person outreach throughout the city. Some evening and weekend work will be required. The Outreach Associate will work closely with CMR’s Outreach and Communications Coordinator. Both CMR’s Outreach and Communications Coordinator and new Outreach Associate report directly to the Director of Partnerships.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform targeted outreach via phone calls, email, and in-person site visits/event participation.
- Plan and schedule field outreach visits, balancing quantity and quality of site visits to potential registrants.
- Develop and execute mass email campaigns targeting specific sectors.
- Coordinate with other CMR and donateNYC teams to identify priority industries/entities and to time outreach with relevant marketing campaigns and public programming.
- Track outreach response patterns and related industry trends to inform the Communications team’s marketing campaigns.
Partnership, Directory, and Exchange Outreach
- Research organizations eligible for the donateNYC Partnership, Directory, and Exchange.
- Maintain database of outreach leads; track lead progress and perform consistent follow-up.
- Provide weekly reports on prospects, outreach, follow-up, events, and overall progress toward quarterly goals.
Tabling: Trade Shows, Conferences, & Networking Events
- Identify relevant trade shows, conferences, and networking events for CMR/donateNYC to attend.
- Help organize logistics for and assist Outreach and Communications Coordinator in tabling at trade show events.
- Through research and participation in relevant events, identify and foster relationships with industry organizations that can increase donateNYC’s reach.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the environmental or public service field
- 3+ years professional work experience
- Proven success in public outreach
- Flexible schedule accommodating out-of-office field work 1-2 days a week and occasional evening/weekend work
SKILL SET OF CHOSEN CANDIDATE
- Highly creative with experience in developing programs for targeted audiences
- Solid knowledge of standard office software (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn various content management systems (G Suite, Dropbox, Trello, Mailchimp, Zoho, etc.)
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Flexible communication style that can easily move among nonprofit, business, and government entities
- Self-starter with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and with attention to detail
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit an application through the Research Foundation of CUNY's website, which can be found here.