Major responsibility is to serve as advocate for teen members and provide after-school tutoring and career/higher education guidance to clubhouse teen members. Develop, implement and evaluate teen programs of the BGCB Education Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor an in-school tracking system/program for members who are at risk of failing a grade or dropping out of school
- Within the local middle school, serve as advocate to meet the students'' needs with the teachers, monitor students'' attendance, recommend appropriate referrals and placements for students and foster communication between home and school. Provide regular updates to parents regarding students'' progress and/or alerting them to problems the member may be experiencing.
- Provide after-school tutoring sessions and other academic support activities to in-school program members.
- Act as advocate to older teens (ages 15 to 18) and provide them with a variety of programs to prepare them to transition out of the Clubhouse. Programming options should include, but are not limited to, career exploration (BGCA''s Career Launch), mentoring, and college exploration/admission preparation (College Club) and "Life After the Club".
- Assist in the completion of BGCB program activities standards as determined each year.
- Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluation programs including BGCA''s Commitment to Quality. Other administrative duties include, but are not limited to, tracking documentation of members in the in-school program, data collection, administering questionnaires, convening focus groups and older teen exit interviews and a variety of written reports.
- In order to meet/exceed the minimum program standards of the corresponding core module(s), collaborate programs and events with Teen Director and other Clubhouse staff. When appropriate, collaborate with staff from other BGCB Clubhouses and community organizations.
- When appropriate, supervise partners and consultants who can offer instruction/support to teen members.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions and periodic professional development opportunities.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by Education Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- BA/BS in related field required.
- Direct experience developing and delivering educational programs for teens; experience in out-of-school-time settings preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in education, career exploration and educational planning.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency required.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid Massachusetts driver''s license required.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 12:00pm -8:00pm