Details: Salary: $14.50 /hour
1958 Fulton Street
Metropolitan Family Services, INC. is seeking a Direct Support Professionals with a clean and valid driver's license to help assist with developmentally disabled individuals in our Day Habilitation Program. Direct Support Professionals provide habilitative and/or vocational activities and options to individuals with intellectual, physical, and/or developmental disabilities
· Provide services and support as identified in each assigned person’s Individual Service Plan.
· Provide formal and informal training on all habilitation and vocational activities, helping the individuals acquire new skills and increase independence.
· Provide supervision and support in community settings
· Complete all skill development and support and progress notes
· Must be able to assist with lifting disabled individuals
· Assist with personal hygiene as needed
· Ensure a healthy and clean work environment
· Provide behavior support sand crisis intervention as needed
· Responsible for either the early morning pick up or dropping off of our individuals at the end of the day.
· Responsible for making sure that all individuals are picked up or dropped off in a timely manner
· Escort the individuals to either their daily activities in the community or to their homes.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- One-year experience working with children or adults with Developmental Disabilities in a community-based setting
- Must agree to background check and to be fingerprinted
- Part-time: Must have availability from Monday- Friday between 6:30am-5:00 pm
- Excellent organizational, verbal, & written communication skills.
- Salary: $14.50 /hour
Minimum Education Required