Women Moving Millions is seeking a Communications Manager to join our team at our Headquarters in NYC. The Communications Manager will be primarily responsible for implementing strategies for all external and internal communications and events marketing as well as providing graphic design skills for all digital and print materials. The ability to multi-task, while managing administrative support, is essential to the success of this position. The ideal candidate for this job will operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Time Commitment: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- With support and direction of the Director of Community Engagement, coordinate and implement a communications workplan that includes the curation, production, and dissemination of internal and external content via web, social media, and email marketing channels (including text, graphics, and videos).
- Write and edit copy for Women Moving Millions marketing materials, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly newsletters
- Support the Executive Director in the drafting of communications, such as newsletters, updates, media inquiries, and reports.
- Manage design and production of all marketing materials and messaging for key programs and campaigns. Includes marketing for the Annual Summit, Leadership Curriculum, Regional Events, Webinars, #GetEqual Campaign, and other programs and initiatives as needed.
- Develop and execute social media campaigns for key days, themes, and upcoming events. Manage social media editorial calendar, creating and curating posts and digital design assets accordingly.
- Maintain and develop strategies to increase member engagement with our digital member only platform.
- Maintain and make regular updates to WMM website, working with website developer to update and ensure proper hosting, accounts, and services.
- Manage the creation and buildout process of a new WMM Digital Learning Lab on WMM website, working with website developer on design and working with WMM staff team on content and submissions from external organizations.
- Ensure the consistency of brand messaging internally and externally, updating and monitoring Brand Asset Usage guidelines regularly.
- Coordinate design and production of all materials to support development efforts such as annual impact report, sponsorship decks, event and program brochures, and direct mail materials.
- Assist with general event preparation, including mailings, printing event materials, and ordering supplies.
- Provide general onsite event support.
General Administrative Support
- Maintain WMM communications database and ensure it is updated regularly.
- Maintain member files and other record keeping.
- Take meeting notes and minutes as requested.
- Manage the organization’s general email box, route requests to appropriate staff, and take initiative to handle elementary requests.
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in a communications role.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong commitment to Women Moving Millions’ mission, vision, values, and beliefs.
- Knowledge of the women’s philanthropy space and broader social justice movement.
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills with high attention to detail and understanding of voice, nuance, and audience.
- Previous experience drafting press releases, corporate statements, executive communications, and internal communications.
- Exemplary project management skills with ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with vendor and consultant management.
- Strong user abilities in graphic design and email marketing software/platforms, preferably Mail Chimp, Canva, and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in the management and implementation of graphic design and creating printed pieces such as invitations, collateral, brochures, newsletters, and videos.
- Proficient in WordPress and knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Expertise and interest in managing different social media and networking sites such as Hootsuite, Vimeo, and YouTube.
- Some event planning experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess current and valid U.S. Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
Women Moving Millions is committed to the diversity of its workforce and strongly encourages applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and résumé to Jobs@womenmovingmillions.org.