225 Bush Street
We’re looking for a Training Coordinator for our Job Search Programs Team!
What will you do? JVS has developed a customized program to provide dislocated workers and individuals who are long term unemployed with accelerated job search skills training, online and in-person education, coaching and employer connections necessary to obtain employment in an increasingly technology-based economy. You will lead, coordinate and provide direct service to JVS clients enrolled in our job search programs. You will be responsible for the overall training operation of these programs, which includes acting as a lead instructor and leading the team client case process.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent presentation/public speaking
· Possesses an articulated educational philosophy and strong classroom management skills, demonstrated ability to maintain patience, diplomacy, and tact when facilitating in groups.
- Manages priorities, meet deadlines/objectives in a performance oriented, fast-paced environment
- Easily learns new technology and possesses strong computer skills in a variety of platforms, including Microsoft, Google Drive, online learning platforms, relational databases, internet research
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele
- Experience creating, delivering, and evaluating job search curricula
- Experience providing direct service employment services to clients who come from diverse backgrounds and who may present multiple barriers to success
- Experience coordinating and managing projects
It would also be great if you have:
- Salesforce database proficiency
- B.A./B.S. degree in relevant field
· Two years recent teaching or related experience working with adults in an employment development, nonprofit, community college or adult education setting.
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use Training Coordinator-Job Search in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
Are there benefits? This is a full time (35 hours/week) position with benefits, including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, four weeks of vacation plus sick leave, most federal and Jewish holidays.
Salary Range: 54K – 58K, DOE – non-exempt position
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at jvs.org.
Minimum Education Required