Regional Lead, Disaster Case Management Program
- Sacramento, CA 95814
- $65,000 - $75,000 a year – Full-time
- Closing Date: 12-31-2020
Please review this announcement carefully. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Cynthia Martinez (email@example.com).
Catholic Charities of California, Inc. (CCC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public benefit corporation. CCC is the state-level office representing California’s 12 local Catholic Charities organizations (LCCOs). California’s LCCO network is the largest non-profit provider of social services in the State.
CCC applies for and administers statewide and regional social services contracts and grants on behalf of LCCOs. CCC functions as the single point of contact with funders, provides contract management services and operational support to participating LCCOs, monitors LCCO progress on contract deliverables, and works with LCCOs to resolve program and contract issues.
This full-time (1.0 FTE) position will lead on-the-ground implementation and operations in the Santa Cruz County/Monterey County Region for the Disaster Case Management Program (DCMP). This position will support the implementation, operation, and evaluation of the DCMP. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with regional service resources and being an active participant of the Long-Term Recovery Group(s) for this region. This position is responsible to:
- Provide leadership, technical assistance, support, and coordination to the regional LCCO.
- Travel to LCCO as needed to participate in meetings and interact with LCCO DCMP staff.
- Support LCCO to develop and retain staff to ensure continuity of program.
- Monitor actual vs. budgeted expenditures to ensure project stays within budget parameters. Provide input to management for annual budget preparation.
- Stay current in the field disaster response, recovery, and case management.
- Work with other program staff (e.g., data personnel) to fulfill program data collection, evaluation, and reporting requirements.
- Monitor program compliance and performance and keep management apprised management of any issue as they develop.
- Complete required contract reporting and other administrative duties for program activities.
- Network with other regional professionals in the field.
- Attend training as assigned to enhance knowledge and training skills.
As an employee of CCC, this position is responsible:
- For the day-to-day operational effectiveness of the services under his/her supervision.
- To build strong relationships with regional stakeholders including CBOs and county staff.
- For keeping the Program Director apprised of specific areas requiring attention and for recommending and implementing appropriate action.
- For monitoring, reporting, auditing, and evaluation of his/her program.
- For monitoring the services being provided in relation to specific contract standards.
- For recommending modification/corrective action as needed to ensure contract fulfillment.
- To maintain strong, effective working relationships with LCCO and funder staff.
- To produce work that aligns with CCC’s standards of excellence.
- To work independently to ensure that all assignments are completed promptly.
- To provide high-quality support to the Program Manager as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least six years of progressive work experience in a closely related field (e.g., disaster response/recovery, social services, program management); or a Master’s degree in related field such as social work, non-profit management, or public administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a positive, enthusiastic member of a team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to reliably meet all deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office.
- Comfort building and working with spreadsheets, including skill utilizing formulas in Excel.
- Ability to efficiently resolve problems with excellent judgement and minimal support.
- Job Type: Full-time, limited term (20 months)
- Salary: $65,000 - $75,000/year DOE
- Job Location: Santa Cruz/Monterey counties region; telecommute plus travel
- Job Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Required Education: BA with 6 years’ related experience OR MA in related field
- Preferred Experience:
- Program Management: 3 years
- Non-Profit Management: 3 years
- Contract Administration: 2 years
- Benefits: Health insurance, vision, dental insurance, retirement