The New York City Department of Education is undertaking the biggest physical education (PE) teacher recruitment process in recent history. Through a multi-year Mayoral improvement plan, The New York City Department of Education will revitalize PE so that all of our students receive high-quality, standards-based instruction that meets State Requirements.
The New York City Department of Education will hire 300 new PE teachers to work in over 1800 schools across the city starting fall 2018. Join the movement today!
Who Can Apply?
Physical Education Teachers Certified by September 2018:
How to apply
You can apply to teach Physical Education in New York City public schools by going to www.teachnyc.net
Why Teach Physical Education in New York City?
- The biggest and most diverse! We serve 1.1 million students. As the largest school district in the country, nearly one in fifty of K-12 public schools students nationwide attend school in NYC. Not only are we the biggest, but we also have one of the most diverse and culturally rich student populations in the world.
- Part of a community! Join a network of over 400 dedicated PE professionals and more than 20 Professional Learning Communities (PLCs), helping to revitalize PE in New York and across the country.
- Instructional Support! Receive hiring support, professional development, networking and mentoring.
- Learn & Grow! Assume additional leadership opportunities that will help you progress in your career. Develop your skills and build a career that excites you.
- Compensation! Our teachers consistently rank as having the highest average teacher salary in the nation. With support from the largest local teachers union in the country, the UFT, our teachers are well represented and supported throughout their careers.
Apply now! Application deadline is April 4th
Complete an application online at www.teachnyc.net
Questions? Email us at teachPE@schools.nyc.gov
Minimum Education Required