1110 Bates Avenue
The SIJCC is a leading center for Jewish education, arts and culture on LA’s east side. We are seeking a warm, welcoming and detail-oriented administrator for the role of programs associate, a full-time position that will support our Early Childhood and Jewish Learning Center programs. The programs associate will work closely with our Director of Early Childhood Education and our Director of Jewish Innovation to ensure program logistics run smoothly and effectively. You can (and should!) learn more about these programs on our website: sijcc.net.
Primary Administrative Responsibilities:
- Database management for ECE and JLC Programs
- Social media postings and curation for ECE and JLC Programs
- Classroom documentation and parent communication for ECE and JLC Programs
- Payroll processing/routine financial transactions for ECE and JLC Programs
- Schedule coordination of classes, teachers, and special programs
Primary Front-facing Responsibilities:
· In this position, you are the “first face” of our major programs. You must be able to connect with and support the many people that want to know more about our center while seamlessly supporting the leaders who run the programs. It’s a tough balance!
· In this position, you must be truly delighted to help of the people you encounter—this is the perfect job for someone who gets absolute chills of delight when solving or preventing a problem.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in an office environment; non-profit experience preferred
· Understanding of Jewish culture and practices
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to make frequent changes of routine and pace of activity due to unpredictable demands without loss of efficiency or composure
· Ability to interact with many different personalities while maintaining a warm and welcoming demeanor
· Professionalism and patience to see through, smooth, and lighten the complex demands that face program leadership
· Extraordinary planning, projection, and organizational skills
· Personal effectiveness, kindness, and credibility
This is an hourly, non-exempt full-time position with excellent benefits. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Full-time employees have access to a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
The Programs Associate must be a nimble and excellent speaker and writer of English.
Minimum Education Required