Details: Commensurate with experience
7501 Wisconsin Avenue
Working closely with the Director of IT, the Network Administrator ensures stable operations of in-house networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
Areas of Focus and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Coordinate with Director of IT to develop overall strategic direction of NACHC IT systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, and UPSs.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent education and 3 years equivalent work experience. Technical Certifications a plus.
- Must have extensive support experience with, VMWare ESXi, Veeam Backup and Restore, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Office365 and PowerShell. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, Crystal Reports, and iMIS a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, technical knowledge troubleshooting of operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 2012, Windows 2016, MacOS and Linux
- Experience managing configuring and troubleshoot enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs including HP switches, SonicWALL VPN and Peplink Load Balancer routers and Access Points
- Conversant with programming languages such as Java, PHP and SQL.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to company operations
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability as needed.
- Light travel required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Minimum Education Required