1101 14th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The National Human Services Assembly (NHSA) is a national nonprofit organization located in downtown Washington, DC, focused on a mission of strengthening human services in the United States through the active involvement and leadership of its members. It is comprised of the nation’s leading national non-profits in the fields of human services, health, and human and community development. Through its work, NHSA seeks to:
· Provide collective leadership to shape national human development/human service strategies.
· Serve as a catalyst for sharing of resources for the purposes of individual/professional development and organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Increase awareness of the importance of and trust in the nonprofit human service sector.
PurchasingPoint, a program of the National Assembly Business Services, NHSA’s for-profit subsidiary, is a discount group purchasing organization designed to saving nonprofits money. Over 7,100 nonprofits have saved and estimated $158 million since the program began.
NHSA seeks a full-time Member Relations Associate to support member growth and engagement for the National Assembly and to grow the business of the National Assembly Business Services. The Manager of Member Relations will report to the Chief Program and Strategy Officer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Be a part of team that drives member relationships, with a significant amount of time spent on account management activities such as customer service, quarterly communications, reports, webinars, and more.
· Responsible for tracking and maintaining member participation and engagement statistics by creating reports and spreadsheets that clearly illustrate member involvement and demonstrate the value proposition of membership.
· Develop member programs, services, and events that attract new members and engage and retain existing members.
· Participate in developing strategies to engage current members and attract new members.
· Assist in the acquisition of new members and increase the utilization of PurchasingPoint for existing members.
· Identify and complete the appropriate research on potential members
· Update membership database and develop quarterly membership reports.
· Generate member prospect leads through a variety of sources including the Internet, periodicals, and direct leads.
· Develop and organize member prospect spreadsheets complete with key contacts and background information, and accurately and effectively track membership recruitment progress.
· Identify and invite members to member events, providing staff support as needed.
· Coordinate member events.
· Responsible for summarizing member meetings and creating related content.
· Field member inquiries and questions, including customer service requests.
· Provide excellent customer service for members.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree and 1 – 2 years’ experience in nonprofit membership organization and/or business development experience OR the equivalent experience.
· Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills, including ability to present information to external audiences, with superior attention to detail.
· Superior analytical and research skills.
· Ability to balance and accomplish multiple short- and long-term work activities independently and under tight deadlines.
· Project management and relationship or account management experience required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including complex Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint), online webinar services (e.g., GoToWebinar), and CRM databases (Salesforce).
· Excellent organizational skills, including information management and tracking, as well as meeting logistics.
· Ability to work comfortably in both team settings and independently, as required by project, workload, and organizational priorities.
· Commitment to customer service-oriented excellence.
· Willingness to travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@nassembly.org.
Minimum Education Required