BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Futures and Options is growing and adding two new positions to our program team – Business Engagement Coordinators – to engage the New York City business community in our work.
Since 1995, Futures and Options has empowered New York City's underserved youth to explore careers through career development training and paid, mentored internships. We reach out to teens at a formative time of their lives, guiding them to further their education and become productive citizens. Our model program enables New York City students to gain much-needed access to the economic mainstream, work‐readiness training and support from caring adults. At the same time, businesses are connected to a pipeline of promising, motivated and diverse youth.
Together with our partners, we are building the workforce of tomorrow. Since our inception, Futures and Options has served more than 5,000 students and coordinated internships at more than 500 businesses in New York City, with 85% of all participants successfully completing their Futures and Options’ program, graduating from high school and pursuing higher education.
The Business Engagement Coordinator will be a vital member of our program team and will support the expansion of Futures and Options’ network of business partners, which include small, mid-size and multi-national businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies. Strong partnerships provide the investment, support and workplace opportunities that allow Futures and Options to run its youth career development programs, which include Career Essentials, a work-readiness training program for middle and high school students, and the Internship Program.
The Business Engagement Coordinator will be primarily responsible for recruiting New York City organizations to partner with Futures and Options in preparing youth for the 21st Century workforce. Partner organizations contribute to Futures and Options by: 1) providing hands-on work experiences for students through the Internship Program; 2) enhancing Futures and Options’ work-readiness trainings by sharing their expertise and resources; 3) hosting career exploration field trips; and 4) providing volunteers as mentors and career coaches.
- In collaboration with Business Engagement Manager, Program Director, and Executive Director, support the development and implementation of a comprehensive business engagement strategy that aligns with Futures and Options’ mission and goals for growth, including increasing year-over-year retention of Internship Program partner sites with wage-subsidized interns.
- Monitor the business engagement strategy using short- and long-term metrics.
- Cultivate and recruit business partners via research, referrals, cold calling, emailing and networking events to provide wage-subsidized internships to Futures and Options students.
- Assist with coordinating activities of the Board of Directors’ Business Partnership Committee.
- Manage and support relationships with Futures and Options’ partners and prospects, including acting as the primary liaison between business partners and the program team, assisting with introductions, support, logistics and follow up, as needed.
- Work closely with the program team to learn about the needs, interests and skills of the students to inform partner recruitment.
- Work closely with partners and industry representatives to learn about the needs and the skills required for interns to be productive employees, and to inform work-readiness curriculum.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Futures and Options and a belief in the potential of New York City’s underserved teens.
- 2-3 years of account management experience, marked by strong organizational skills, attention to detail, integrity and persistent follow-up.
- Experience in forging and developing relationships with clients and an understanding of the corporate/business culture.
- Comfortable calling prospective businesses based on warm or cold referrals. Some experience in sales preferable.
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced, changing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have high level computer proficiency and knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as database experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Business Engagement Coordinator as the subject line.
No phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Futures and Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.