637 Washington St.
Supervisor: Principal K1-8
Description: The school nurse provides health services for students at Codman Academy Charter Public School.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality nursing services to students in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Collect, maintain and review student health records for medical issues requiring school support, and ensure immunizations are current.
- In cases in which a medical issue is specifically identified in a student’s IEP, meet with the Student Support Team to track student’s progress.
- Maintain health records and addresses gaps in primary care.
- Assess and evaluate students health pertinent family history and home factors; counsel students, parents and school.
- Assist in preparing reports for MDPH and relevant agencies.
- Assist in the development of individualized care plans as needed; with input from provider, educators and student.
- Perform mandated screenings (i.e. vision, hearing, scoliosis, TB testing)
- Act as a resource for education on health promotion and disease prevention.
- Assist in the development and implementation of community health programs to promote health.
- Acts as a first responder during critical events offering appropriate care and coordinating further responses.
Secondary Responsibilities include:
- In other cases in which a medical issue has been identified as a possible barrier to classroom engagement, but is not specifically identified in a student’s IEP, meet with the Student Support Team to track student’s progress.
- In conjunction with school administration, review all handbooks and materials to ensure all health related issues are up to date and compliant.
- Assist in integrating health solutions into educational setting.
School and Health Center Partnership Functions and Responsibilities:
- The school nurse will support “the partnership mission, vision and goals” and will work closely with the CSHC-CACPS Partnership Director.
- Coordinate with the Wellness Committee to develop health promotion services for students and identify needed training for staff.
- Assist in communication and coordination between the school and the health center for preventive services for all students.
- Assist with scheduling of various health education sessions both during the assigned wellness classes and other partnership projects and activities.
We are looking for a Codman team member who has....
- A valid license to practice as an Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse (preferred) in Massachusetts.
- A valid School Nurse license (preferred).
- A bachelor's or master's degree in nursing or willingness to obtain the credentials within the timespan offered under DESE guidance.
- A minimum of two full years of employment as a nurse in a child health, community health, or other relevant clinical nursing setting.
School Nurse experience preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using this link to our website.