Details: $20/hour; 20 hours a week with flexibility
1. Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field with at least 3 years case management experience.
2. Knowledge, experience and skills in working with families who are homeless.
3. An understanding of and a commitment to the mission of Bridge of Hope Harrisonburg Rockingham.
To engage Christian faith communities in ending family homelessness through
neighboring relationships that demonstrate Christ’s love.
4. Active member of a Christian faith community that confesses Jesus Christ as divine Lord and Savior, with a strong personal faith experience.
5. Strong interpersonal skills.
6. Position requires a valid driver’s license and availability of a vehicle.
Position Summary: To provide case management and support services for 4-6 families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness and foster relationships with Neighboring Volunteers, engaging both parties in developing their Bridge of Hope Neighborhood of Support throughout their 12-24 month participation in Bridge of Hope’s program. This includes participating in family selection, assessing all families and family members, linking to community resources, guiding and equipping groups of Neighboring Volunteers as they build relationships with Neighboring Families, and providing support for participating families as they seek establish safe and sustainable housing. The Neighborhood Resource Specialist/Case Manager uses the Bridge of Hope Outcomes, Benchmarks and Standards as a guide for implementing this position.
Hours: 20 hours/week; flexible schedule, must be available some weekends and evenings.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required