Details: SALARY Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
530 West 166th Street
JOB POSTING: Business Development Manager
Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners (“Neighborhood Trust”) seeks a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team. The Manager will report to the Director of Business Development. They will support the continued growth of developing Trusted Advisor business.
ABOUT NEIGHBORHOOD TRUST
Neighborhood Trust’s mission is to empower low-income individuals to become productive participants in the U.S. financial system and achieve their financial goals. Neighborhood Trust serves nearly 9,000 clients each year via its elite corps of specially trained Financial Counselors and is an industry leader in the financial inclusion field. We are cultivating our model as a scalable social venture that incubates technology-led financial services innovations for low-wage workers. We are growing quickly with strong support from leading foundations and strategic partners, helping us achieve national scale. Neighborhood Trust has received awards and recognition as a leading innovative nonprofit seeking to alleviate poverty and as a developer of financial solutions. Today our Trusted Advisor workplace financial benefit is in over 30 states and includes customers such as Staples, Fresh Direct, and Allen Health Care.
The Business Development Manager will execute the strategy for growth of sales and partnerships through Neighborhood Trust’s priority channels by acquiring new employer customers who will offer our services as part of the benefits package to their employees.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Partnerships and Sales
● Achieve targets for direct sales to employers, financial institutions, benefits providers, and others.
● Identifies trends, researches industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
● Cultivate new customers from initial lead to signed contract; manage pipeline in Salesforce.
● Communicate sales funnel data and learnings to key teams, including recommendations for improving the efficiency of the funnel.
● Make course corrections if sales targets are not being met.
● Working with the Director of Business Development on identifying efficiency gains from lead creation through contract signing.
Marketing and Awareness
● Ensure highly professional, compelling marketing materials and approaches are in place to drive awareness and secure partners.
● In partnership with External Affairs, leverage articles, webinars, conference presentations and other methods to raise awareness of Neighborhood Trust’s work.
● Translate knowledge of external competitive landscape to the Product Design team to ensure we maintain our current best-in-class offerings.
● Work with the Product Design team to provide customer input into new products and ensure successful roll out of new products & services.
● Track record building Business-to-Business partnerships and acquiring Business customers.
● Two years of experience in marketing employer benefits or relevant experience.
● Skilled verbal and written communicator who can build and leverage relationships to get to decision makers and drive action.
● Ability to influence and drive parties towards win-win solutions in adopting Trust Advisor services.
● Excellent relationship builder, both externally and internally by working across departments.
● Prior related experience in Human Resources or Benefits preferred.
● Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of low-income Americans preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Minimum Education Required