Implementation Specialist, Value Based Payment Project
- Job posted by The Fund for Public Health in New York City, Inc.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Mental Hygiene at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is establishing a small scale, two year initiative to facilitate readiness for value based payment (VBP) among a select number of Community Based Organizations (CBOs). The project will aim to enhance the participating CBOs’ ability to address social determinants of health among clientele served by the Thrive NYC Mental Health Service Corps (MHSC) program and other primary care and behavioral health partners. The program, implemented through the Bureau of Systems Strengthening and Access (BSSA) located in the DOHMH headquarters at Gotham Center, Queens will conduct a needs assessment to select a small number of eligible CBOs and provide: a) data and metrics support, b) financial assistance and guidance, c) partnership development support and d) quality improvement support, to enable participating CBOs transition to a VBP environment.
The Implementation Specialist will assist the Project Director with completing a needs assessment and designing and carrying out a VBP readiness plan for all CBOs enrolled in the project. The ideal candidate will be an individual with a wide breadth of knowledge and experience with CBO operations and experience with successful program implementation. This is a two year grant funded position.
· Develop and administer a CBO needs assessment to determine current state of VBP readiness within CBOs and ability to measure outcomes and calculate value.
· Design, coordinate and implement CBO technical assistance plans, to be refined throughout the course of the project, incorporating CBO feedback and available resources.
· Provide direct support to approximately 15 CBOs in adopting new data systems and program tasks/activities, including connecting CBOs to relevant resources and trainings.
· Assess CBO operational efficiency and assist in workflow redesign when necessary.
· Assist the Director in driving the project’s progress by continuously assessing and troubleshooting gaps that may hinder progress.
· Continuously be informed of intricate and changing state guidance, measures and policies on VBP and keep participating CBOs and partners informed.
· Interact with and maintain communication with participating CBOs, project partners and other stakeholders.
· Attend Departmental and Divisional VBP workgroups and meetings.
· Master's degree in public health, public administration, public policy, social work with a policy track or a related field.
· Demonstrated knowledge of value based payment structures; Medicaid managed care, DSRIP and other aspects of Medicaid redesign.
· Experience working with or assisting community based organizations and knowledgeable of the financial and operational challenges of small to midsize service providers and barriers to transitioning into VBP.
· Experience with performance measurement and quality improvement strategies.
· Excellent analytical & problem-solving ability.
· Be highly motivated and results-driven.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
· Solid experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to travel with some frequency to CBO sites across the city.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Implementation Specialist, Value Based Payment Project_your name” in subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.