Girls Who Code is seeking a full-time associate to support the Program Operations Team with programmatic engagements. The Events Associate will work directly with the Program Events Manager and will be an integral part of the execution of all programmatic events furthering Girls Who Code’s effort to engage and empower young women to pursue Computer Science.
- Research and schedule guest speakers, workshops, and field trips
- Analyze success of events and prepare reports to share findings
- Manage event logistics including venue selection, catering, transportation, fulfillment and other related tasks
- Draft email campaigns for multiple stakeholders to communicate event details
- Collect & track data and assist with the development of queries and reports for team
- Advise partners on best practices, tools, and other resources to implement successful engagements
- Manage budgets, event income, and expenses
- Create project plans, including the development of timelines and tasks lists, for successful execution
- 2+ years experience in event planning, operations, project management
- Knowledge of registration and communications best practices (experience with event registration platforms, including Eventbrite a plus)
- Proven experience as an events professional
- Skilled in project management
- Able to manage multiple projects and campaigns
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional customer-service orientation
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Salesforce required
- Trello and/or project management platforms a plus
- Able to comfortably adapt in a diverse and dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities
- Passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter here detailing your interest in the position and Girls Who Code.
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.