JOIN Israel is looking to hire an entrepreneurial and effective individual who wants to use his/her professional and personal talents to do something truly meaningful for Israel. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated fundraiser to create and run your own fundraising program built on an innovative and effective non-profit with a remarkable 26-year track-record of accomplishments and a potent database.
JOIN Israel fills holes in Israel’s social safety net for thousands of at-risk children, families and elderly in crisis. We create extensive social service and educational solutions by tapping unused resources and enlisting strategic partners.
The responsibility of the Director of Development is to increase funding and commitment to JOIN Israel. The Director of Development will have autonomy with the active support of the Executive Director and a dedicated Board committee. He/she will set direction, targets, benchmarks and strategy with input and approval of the Board. Self-defined responsibilities, based on prioritization could include:
1. Cultivate and steward JOIN Israel’s existing donors and prospects
2. Identify and cultivate expansion of our donor base
3. Galvanize our Young Leadership Associates (professionals in their 20’s and 30’s)
4. Sharpen and expand our communications – messaging, materials, updates, reports
5. Coordinate Board fundraising involvement
6. Execute fundraising efforts, including group meetings and events
7. Explore and pursue relevant foundation and corporate support
8. Develop and implement a social media program
The new Director will also be in a position to shape the organization’s projects and strategic direction.
The position is FT, but flexible. NY-area based. Salary commensurate with experience.
Show us that you are passionate about the mission, hard-working and motivated, a self-starter who accomplishes, an authentic person with exceptional relationship skills. Find out why JOIN Israel’s supporters hold the organization in such high esteem. Let’s talk.
Minimum Education Required