Founded in 1994, New Destiny Housing Corporation is a New York City non-profit with the mission of ending the cycle of violence for low-income families and individuals at risk of homelessness and domestic violence by connecting them to safe, permanent housing and services. To achieve our mission, we build and manage permanent, affordable housing with on-site services; offer innovative programs that empower domestic violence survivors to find and retain affordable housing; and educate and advocate to expand access to permanent housing resources for low-income families.
New Destiny is seeking to hire four (1) Case Manager for their Family Support Program. The Case Manager will work with the Tenant Support Coordinator to maintain and grow a robust program at their designated site to focus on fostering family stability by connecting families to resources; maintaining a violence- free environment and helping children thrive emotionally, physically, and academically. This is a full-time position requiring one late night a week (e.g., 11:00 am to 7:00 pm) and occasional weekend hours.
The Case Manager reports directly to the Tenant Support Coordinator.
Case Management Responsibilities:
· Develop children’s programming in collaboration with the Tenant Support Coordinator and the families.
· Provide supportive counseling (one-on-one, group and for families) and parent workshops.
· Work with families to create and implement annual service plans.
· At minimum, conduct annual assessments with tenants on the following areas: education, safety, income and housing stability.
· Plan and implement age-appropriate therapeutic activities for children.
· Research, organize and implement afterschool and occasional weekend activities.
· Build connections in the community and provide referrals to parenting and counseling groups, and to recreational and educational programs.
· Work with families to follow-up with schools, clinics and other providers where appropriate.
· Contribute to the program database of borough- specific and city wide educational and recreational programs.
· Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Tenant Support Coordinator
· Prepare monthly reports on program activities including the type of activity and participation rate.
· Collect and maintain information on children and families (report cards, skills evaluation, surveys).
· Conduct monthly case conferences with Family Support Program staff.
· Maintain up-to-date case files and ensure all data is inputted into the case management database.
· Contribute to the development of best practices for the Family Support Program.
· Work with volunteers and Interns to enrich youth and family events.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree required. A BSW or BA/S in the areas of Psychology, Sociology, Early Education preferred.
· A minimum of 3 to 5 years of direct client service required.
· Knowledge and experience assisting clients access resources in the areas of housing stability, health & mental health and food security.
· Proven track record in engaging children and adults who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence.
· Ability to be empathetic, creative and resourceful. Experience with trauma-informed care preferred.
· Ideal candidate is a person who is highly organized, flexible and resourceful.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, computer literacy and sound judgment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at email@example.com.
Founded in 1994, New Destiny Housing Corporation is a New York City non-profit with the mission of ending the cycle of violence for low-income families and individuals at risk of homelessness and domestic violence by connecting them to…
English required; Spanish is a plus
English required; Spanish is a plus