SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
• The primary focus of the position of Senior Direct Care Worker is to provide quality care consistent with treatment recommendations and Agency Policy.
• Support, train, orientate, mentor and supervise staff along with the Child Care Coordinator (if applicable) and Program Manager.
• Develop and carry out a therapeutically oriented activities based on the needs of the individual residents, as well as their group needs; Implement recreational and therapeutic activities to make leisure time a positive and rewarding experience.
• Promote and foster positive values, i.e., integrity, honesty, dignity, self-respect and self-control.
• Promote a sense of personal responsibility towards maintaining personal property and equipment, as well as petty cash.
• Motivate, guide and support each resident as he/she works toward achieving his/her goals; Promote independent behavior, in keeping with treatment recommendations and guidelines.
• Oversee daily care and cleanliness of living units.
• Responsible for daily log entries, bed checks and data collection on behavior plans and school communication books.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Two years of prior direct care or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred.
• Basic Computer, Organizational and excellent Communication Skills required.
SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer.
: CHILD CARE SENIOR WORKE
: New York-Queens-Queens Village
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Education Required