67-09 Kissena Boulevard
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
SALARY: $45,000 per annum with a comprehensive benefits package
SCHEDULE: 35 hours weekly with eligibility to significant overtime compensation; flexibility required due to some evening and weekend events
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a qualified Youth Development Program Coordinator with a strong commitment to youth development supporting The Youth Development Center. The Youth Development Program Coordinator has overall accountability for the development and growth, quality, and success of the after-school program, summer camp and youth leadership program operations, its students, and staff. He/she fosters a safe and inclusive atmosphere of fun and learning where the concept of teamwork, creativity, youth empowerment, and sportsmanship can flourish; preparing them for future successes.
- Oversee high quality , safe and inclusive youth development programs that incorporate QCH’s mission, vision and positioning, curriculum supporting youth’s developmental, social and academic needs, meets contractual requirements, is fun and engaging, and supports family engagement and strengthening.
- Provide support, guidance and overall supervision to staff leading to their embracement of youth development principles and practices contributing toward a safe, motivational and respectful environment.
- Serve as a lead in developing a Parent Advisory Board, and other venues supporting parent engagement and family strengthening.
- Partner with Family Engagement Social Worker to plan and implement family literacy programming.
- Contribute toward the development of an evening teen program: explore with the community, program interests and preferences, and engage them as community stakeholders. Provide support, guidance and overall supervision to Teen Outreach Specialist.
- Organize special and culminating events, including showcases that highlight student achievement and culturally enriching field trips.
- Monitor purchases and inventory of all program related expenses.
- Develop collegial relationships with, local school, library, other organizations and regulatory agencies (DOH, DOE, & DYCD) and other key stakeholders; serves as an advocate.
- Represents QCH in the community through flyer distribution, school visits, and attendance at meetings and events.
- Ensure input of data in all databases (DYCD), QCH’s and others, and submit reports, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all QCH and other evaluations, surveys and or assessments are administered and completed in a timely fashion.
- Attend all Queens Community House Youth Development Center meetings as well as trainings related to position.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor pertaining to all agency, program, contract and site related matter.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required with preference in Education, Psychology, Sociology or related field.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory and management experience developing and implementing youth programs, staff training and evaluation; ability to work with a diverse staff of varying professional and educational experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to young people and staff as a positive adult role model.
- Demonstrated ability in program outreach and recruitment, budgeting, performance based contracting and compliance with SACC licensing procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, programming and organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with various computer programs and willingness to learn new ones.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Must be cleared of NYS DOH Fingerprinting Screening; NYS Clearance Review Background Check; 3 Reference Checks; physical examination with updated TB test.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Youth Development Center Coordinator” to Patrick Pinchinat at Ppinchinat@qchnyc.org.
Minimum Education Required