184 Eldridge Street
Project Home is a blended program that combines the following services: homelessness prevention for families and individuals at-risk of eviction; support for general short-term housing and social services; and leadership development and advocacy group; We are part of University Settlement, a community-based, multi-service agency that has served the Lower East Side and Chinatown communities since 1886.
The Case Manager provides direct services to families and individuals facing housing instability and/or are dealing with a wide range of housing issues including eviction, lack a repairs, lease issues, lack of tenants’ rights information, maintenance of housing subsides, and assistance with emergency housing issues to name a few . Direct services include tenants’ rights counseling, landlord /tenant mediation, advocacy in court or hearings and to secure/maintain benefits and entitlements, and crisis intervention.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Social Work or related major preferred, but not required)
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish or Bilingual English/Chinese
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organization and follow-through
- Knowledge of housing and social welfare systems in New York City a plus
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse community and as part of a team
- Tenacious advocacy skills and a commitment to “case to cause” direct services perspective
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply