Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
445 West 45th Street
The Director of Development is someone passionate about arts education who can implement a comprehensive annual fundraising strategy through diverse channels, including individual gifts, special events, institutional giving, and government funding. The position reports to the Artistic and Executive Director, and oversees the Grants Manager position.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Board Management
• Support the work of the Board of Directors and its committees
• Provide regular updates to the Board about administrative and financial activities Development
• Develop and implement an annual $2M fundraising strategy that includes income from major gifts, special events, corporate sponsorships, government entities, and foundations.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual and foundation donors and prospects
• Manage special events, and in the case of the annual Gala, manage and support an outside events consultant
• Support and motivate board fundraising efforts
• Support the work of the Artistic and Executive Director in fundraising and stewardship efforts
• Act as an ambassador for RTKids, representing the organization at community events, meetings, etc.
• Build and nurture relationships with individuals, institutional donors, and legislators
• Attend evening and weekend events or conferences to network with new prospects and steward existing ones
• Oversee the grants manager position, including partnering to develop annual calendar of submissions, reviewing all grant proposal submissions, advising on content and direction, and final approval.
• Plan and implement annual direct mailing campaigns.
• Oversee the administration of the donor database (Salesforce)
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills
• Understand and apply computer technology to efficiently accomplish work
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and sustain relationships with supporters of Rosie’s Theater Kids at all levels Education, Experience and Knowledge
• Bachelor of Arts degree or higher
• At least 5 years’ experience, with demonstrated success in managing and growing development operations
• Prior experience in educational or cultural institutions
• Experience managing and using a donor database platform (RTKids uses Salesforce)
• Development staff
Expectations of all positions:
• Understand and support the mission of Rosie’s Theater Kids
• Respect and value the children and other partners of RTKids
• Manage the resources of the RTKids in an efficient and mission-based way
• Appreciate the value of diversity and equal opportunity in all work relationships
Rosie's Theater Kids offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off and health insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The job is currently empty and RTKids is looking to fill as soon as possible.