Details: $16.82-$19.23/hour depending on experience
1450 Rollins Road.
<img src="//:0" alt=""ì" height="60" width="171">
Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA
The Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA is a private, nonprofit animal welfare organization. Our mission, guided by the humane ethic, is to build healthy relationships between people and animals. First and foremost, PHS/SPCA provides care for thousands of stray and unwanted pets each year and seeks to place these animals into new, loving homes through our adoption program. The shelter is also home to many other vital programs and services including wildlife rehabilitation, cruelty investigation, low-cost spay/neuter, education and community outreach and obedience classes.
Are you an Administrative Professional who would like to work for an organization that helps rescue, adopt and love the most vulnerable animals in our county? Are you passionate about animal welfare and helping to find their forever homes? Would you like to make a difference in the community and the lives of animals and people? Are you looking for a career with a fast-paced team who is always on the move? Come join our Development & Planned Giving team at the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA! Be a part of an organization where all employees are passionate about what they do and truly care about the organization’s mission, who not only consider themselves animal lovers, but also “people” people.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated candidate who has great attention to detail with a passion for driving success for a nonprofit organization. The qualified Development Assistant will be responsible for various fundraising projects including grants, mailings, in-kind donation program, data entry, donor correspondence, and various clerical duties related to a smooth functioning development department.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for vehicle donation program: processing incoming donations, vendor payments, marketing, etc.
· Responsible for monthly giving program, including processing donations, troubleshooting, and contacting donors when updated information is needed.
· Prepare honor and memorial lists for newsletter and donor wall, and assist with naming opportunity orders (bricks, bowls, memorial wall, etc).
· Assist with donor communications, including in-kind acknowledgement letters, sympathy cards, and contacting donors by phone or email to clarify donations, request additional information, or for stewardship.
· Act as a backup to the Donation Processing Associate position.
· Assist with mail/email solicitations, including querying for and exporting mail files, and creating email files and email layouts.
· Identify and research foundations for potential funding, and assisting with writing and preparation of grant proposals.
· Prepare various reports.
· Maintain wish lists.
· Assist with planning of annual stewardship event for monthly donors.
· Help supervise and train Development department volunteers.
· Maintain inventory of department supplies (letterhead, envelopes, cards, etc).
· Run various errands: purchasing supplies, picking up donations, etc.
· Troubleshoot to resolve various problems as they arise
· Work effectively under pressure to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
· Work professionally with the donors, public, volunteers and fellow co-workers.
· Work with confidential donor information, queries, and reports in the donor database.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably Raiser’s Edge software.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs from ground to waist
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Title: Development Assistant
Division: Development and Planned Giving
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Development, Planned Giving & Community Engagement
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $16.82-$19.23/hour depending on experience
Excellent Benefits Package Available
For more information about our available job opportunities and how to apply, please visit our website at www.peninsulahumanesociety.org/careers
The Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
We offer a competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in any of our available job opportunities, please complete our online Employment Application and upload your cover letter and resume. If you wish to manually complete our Employment Application, please print the Application, complete all sections and attach your cover letter and resume. You may send the completed
Application packet to:
Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA
ATTN: Human Resources
12 Airport Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94401