10495 Santa Monica Boulevard
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Education Director (Los Angeles Region)
REPORTS TO: Education Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervise the work of contractor, per-diem trainers, and interns or volunteers as assigned.
LOCATION: Los Angeles
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), founded in 1913, is the nation’s premier civil rights/human relations agency, fighting anti-Semitism all forms of bigotry and hate, defending democratic ideals, and protecting civil rights for all. ADL achieves its mission through disseminating information to raise awareness, education youth, training law enforcement, speaking out in defense of civil liberties, and advocating for policies and positions that promote social justice.
Assist in overseeing all aspects of regional educational programs including, A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute, No Place for Hate® related education initiatives. Coordinate, adapt and deliver training programs and design educational anti-bias initiatives and programs tailored to regional communities. Implement and assist with education fundraising efforts. Staff and facilitate the regional Education Committee and/or lay leader engagement with educational programs.
- Market, coordinate and implement anti-bias programs and initiatives for regional educational institutions and other organizations. Coordinate regional special events and projects including program launches, campaigns, and conferences.
- Implement related ADL education programs and projects as assigned, assisting in program agenda development and materials preparation, and tailoring them to fit the region’s educational needs within ADL’s pedagogical standards and frameworks, and conduct some training sessions and workshops.
- Assist in recruitment, training, and supervision of trainers and interns, and coordinate assignments and schedules
- Assist with data management and evaluation efforts.
- Provide ongoing consultation and support to schools and community organizations, including attendance at meetings and special events.
- Attend, participate, and provide staff support in lay-led task forces and committees such as the Education Committee and ADL Regional Board meetings.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks, including education database entries, expense tracking, document preparation and review, and required record-keeping.
- Assist in solicitations and other fundraising efforts to support local education programs and services as well as generating fee-for-service revenue.
- Provide assistance to regional staff on other education programs, special projects and events.
- Represent the local and national office at external conferences, seminars and meetings. May prepare and deliver speeches, write local press releases and respond to media inquiries.
- Work with regional staff to respond to discrimination complaints, anti-Semitic incidents and other civil rights issues that arise in educational settings.
- Support fundraising events as able
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills and effective public speaking skills.
- Experience with curricular training, strong facilitation skills and ability to differentiate between education modalities.
- Experience with educational systems and practices.
- Proficiency with anti-bias and diversity training
- Computer skills, including word processing, presentation software and database management.
- Bilingual or multilingual language skills a plus.
2-3 years of progressively responsible community service experience including education program management experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Education/Training or equivalent work experience.
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to represent ADL, conduct training sessions and attend community events. Some travel within the region is required. In some regions this may represent up to 20% of time.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local legislation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by following the link above