50 Cabot Street
Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Inc. (PLAN) is a non-profit organization that proudly serves people with disabilities of all ages and their families throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We do this by administering special needs pooled trusts that allow participants to preserve assets, protect public benefits, and enhance the quality of their lives. Trust funds are professionally managed and invested with an established trust and investment firm. Case management services provided by PLAN’s social workers give participants opportunities to improve their quality of life. For more information about PLAN, visit our web site at www.planofma-ri.org
PLAN seeks a professional accounting clerk with 1 - 2 years of accounting experience. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely payment of the trust accounts’ disbursements. S/he will report directly to PLAN’s Director of Finance and Administration. The position is based in the Needham, Massachusetts office.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a proficient knowledge of Quickbooks. S/he must have a keen attention to detail, and will assume full responsibility for the accuracy of the record keeping. S/he must be able to work well independently and with others. There are two colleagues who collaborate with this position by entering some of the trust account disbursements. There are several colleagues who interact with this position about the status of disbursements. Communication and teamwork are essential.
Daily and Weekly Responsibilities
Responsibilities include –
- Receiving and screening incoming invoices
- Entering bills into Quickbooks
- Reporting weekly balances
- Meeting with colleagues (service coordinators) for review of invoices received
- Preparing and printing checks as well as maintaining the paid files
- Communicating with vendors to resolve discrepancies
- Obtaining W-9 Forms from vendors
- Working with colleagues to answer questions related to invoices paid, and communicating with family members of the beneficiaries.
Responsibilities also may include –
- Compiling information for Quarterly Investment Review meetings
- Assisting with preparation for annual audit
- Assisting with preparation of 1099 reporting
- Assisting the Director of Finance and Administration with various accounting projects
- Assisting the Executive Director with compiling data and reports for Board meetings and special projects
- 1-2 years of related accounting experience
- Proficient knowledge of Quickbooks Pro/Enterprise, Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- BS/BA with accounting coursework preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly
- Ability to self-direct and manage tasks efficiently
- Ability to problem solve
- Desire to learn and ability to self-teach
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to grow from supervision and direction
- Integrity and positivity
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- An understanding and commitment to PLAN’s mission and programs
PLAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary and Benefits are competitive.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit Cover Letter and Resume
NOTE: PLAN will review submissions only from candidates who include a brief cover letter (in addition to a resume) explaining why the candidate is applying for and well-suited for the position.