Responsible for working with landlords, property managers and housing inspectors to identify affordable and permanent housing opportunities for families and individuals served through the Norristown Your Way Home Housing Resource Center.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and implement strategies for landlord recruitment and retention including use of social media
- Set up meetings with new owners and property managers to explain the Your Way Home program
- Mediate with landlords experiencing conflict with tenants to find compromise and solutions to reported problems
- Maintain positive relationships with landlords and property managers
- Negotiate rental amounts and move-in dates with landlords
- Ensure properties pass inspection requirements prior to housing clients and that landlords understand the expectations
- Maintain a landlord/owner database and tracking logs for property inspections
- Collaborate with Housing Resource Center staff and Your Way Home affiliates to ensure service delivery
- Develop and host annual landlord engagement events
- Maintain knowledge of housing resources, market changes, federal, state and local fair housing laws to educate staff and clients
- Develop, increase and monitor the tenancy skills of Housing Resource Center individuals and families
- Provide coaching to ensure domestic violence victims and survivors are aware of their rights and responsibilities with respect to housing
- Meet with the Housing Resource Center individuals and families in their housing units
- Actively participate in Your Way Home meetings; trainings and learning collaborative
- Participate in system data collection and corrections
- Complete housing forms, reports in a timely and detailed manner
- Complete case notes within 48 hours of contact
- Submit completed move-in packets to supervisor by the following business day
- Actively participate with individual supervision and Norristown Family Center program meetings
- Compliance with the Your Way Home policy manual and performance measures
- 4-year college degree required in Business or Human Services.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with the housing market, sales & marketing, real estate, property management settings and/or human, community-based, or family-oriented services . Prefer working knowledge of Montgomery County rental market.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of the homeless population and fair housing laws
- Understanding of principles of mental illness and ability to implement them, and behavioral best practice and crisis management planning
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Knowledgeable regarding Montgomery County’s housing inspection standards
- Ability to use initiative, act independently and effective time management
- Ability to work within a team structure
- Flexible and responsive to changing landscape of Your Way Home service
- Strong computer skills including use of internet, email, word processing and data input
- Valid PA driver’s license and insurance, daily access to vehicle
- Personal safety skills
- All new hires are required to go through mandated orientation.
- Comply with Agency Annual Training requirements.
- Part time team members training requirements will be pro rated according to the hours worked.
Work Environment and Primary Work Locations:
- 5 week days with flexible schedule
- Available for occasional weekday evenings until 8 pm
- Occasional weekend hours
- 50% In-Office
- 40% Travel
- 10% attending community meetings and events
- Physical Considerations:
- Carrying required for transporting items to families
- Visiting families in their home may require stair climbing
- Ability to maintain composure in crisis situations