Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 19 locations throughout New York City.
The counselor position provides assessment, counseling, advocacy and referral services to families that have been impacted by gender violence. They also conduct community outreach and education.
- Conducts intake assessments for families referred for counseling.
- Creates individualized treatment plans for families.
- Provides structural family therapy.
- Develops appropriate interventions for counseling clients.
- Provides case management, including information referral and advocacy services for families.
- Meets collaterally with other service providers to facilitate families counseling.
- Develops and facilitates support groups based on family need.
- Conducts community education and outreach.
- Maintains relevant client documentation.
- Performs administrative tasks.
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed.
- Licensed Master's Degree in Social Work, LCSW preferred.
- Two years' experience providing counseling and other services to families impacted by trauma.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish required
- Strong clinical skills and clinical experience working with families
- Knowledge and experience providing structural family therapy, CPP and TF-CBT preferred
- Knowledge of child development, family systems, trauma and domestic violence
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
Apply Here: https://careers-sanctuaryforfamilies.icims.com/jobs/1306/counselor%252c-children-%2526-family-services/login
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply Online: https://careers-sanctuaryforfamilies.icims.com/jobs/1306/counselor%252c-children-%2526-family-services/login