825 North Water Street
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and leads and directs the day-to-day management and financial oversight to continue to build the future of the Community Fund and to fulfill its mission.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field: Marketing, Business, Social Work, Management, Public Relations/Communications
- Three to five years experiences in the nonprofit public sector.
- Experience with fundraising and grant writing
- Experience in overseeing human resources and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire, motivate, and organize staff and volunteers
- Ability to speak in public and represent the organization at community events. Communicate with diverse groups of people: board members, staff, volunteers, guests, and community partners
- Capability in financial planning, financial analysis, and budgeting
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
Responsibilities and Duties
The Executive Director will demonstrate a genuine desire to serve the most vulnerable of our community. This person will display kindness and compassion through his/her words and actions, modeling a servant leadership style for the entire team
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to fulfill the mission of the Community Fund through the development and implementation of the strategic plan and other policies.
- Oversee daily operations of the organization and ensure that all operational goals are met.
- Oversee the work of the department heads of the organization.
- Manage and develop the staff.
- Build a fund development strategy to strengthen and diversify funding sources.
- Create outreach strategies using technology and social networks to increase visibility of the organization.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key donors including individuals, foundations, churches, and corporations.
- Engage in the Decatur community to gain support and volunteers.
- Pursue grants appropriate to the organization’s mission.
Community and Public Relations
- Ensure the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive manner to the community and clients.
- Seek opportunities for public speaking to promote visibility.
- Be able to attend after-hours events and meetings.
- Establish solid working relationships and collaborative arrangements with appropriate civic and church groups.
- Ensure the organization is fiscally sound.
- Develop an annual budget with the board treasurer for Board approval and manage the organization’s resources within these budget guidelines.
- Provide timely financial and administrative reports to the Board of Directors.
- Analyze actual performance versus budget on a monthly basis with the treasurer.
- Ensure all financial policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures.
- Establish measurable performance goals for employees and ensure that performance reviews are conducted annually.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up-to-date, followed, and conform to current laws and regulations.
- Manage and maintain building, which includes office and program space.
- Ensure facility has appropriate insurance coverage and safety and security features.
- Healthcare benefits or stipend
- Salary based on candidate experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Director@NortheastCommunityFund.org