174 East 104th Street
New York, NY 10029
Job Description – CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (full-time)
OUR MISSION: Committed to achievement for all New York City youth, Roads to Success promotes academic, personal and professional development through out-of-school-time programs built on a philosophy of self-discovery. We create and sustain an environment where young people find their identity, build their independence and practice generosity in their communities.
OUR VISION: Roads to Success is dedicated to helping young people discover the self-esteem, self-reliance and empathy necessary to become future leaders and driving forces of positive change. We are led by a passionate community of young educators—a lead-by-example staff who are dedicated that all of New York City’s young people are given a fair and equitable chance to fulfill their dreams.
PROGRAM DESIGN: RTS operates After School Programs and Summer Camps in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx. Our programs are designed to expose young people to a wide range of creative learning activities in the areas of science, music, sports, preforming arts, technology, and much more. RTS emphasizes the youth development practice of the Circle of Courage in all our programs; creating an environment of Belonging, where young people can build their Independence, find and develop their Mastery skill, and practice Generosity in their communities. At the core of our programs are staff training strategy that enables our young professionals to develop extraordinarily meaningful relationships with the young people in their care who we call Our Future Leaders because that is what they all are.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Chief Operating Officer is a member of the Executive Team at Roads to Success, which consists of the Executive Director, Chief Program Officer, and Director of Development. The primary functions of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) are threefold: i) to supervise and lead the Operations Team to ensure efficiency, ii) Develop and achieve profitability for the organization, and iii) to drive the organization to it’s sustainable growth.
· Supervisor: Executive Director
· Supervises: Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Administrative Clerk
· Hours: Fulltime, Monday – Friday
· Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000 per year (based on experience and educational level)
· Design and implement organizational wide procedures.
· Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
· Overseeing daily operations of the organization and Operations team.
· Establish policies that promote organization culture and vision.
· Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
· Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
· Manage relationships with partnerships and vendors.
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested by the Executive Director.
· A degree in Business Administration or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
· Must have at least three years of demonstrated experience overseeing the operations department.
· Must have at least five years of experience in financial and strategic planning.
· Strong skills in decision making, problem solving, and leadership.
· Additional proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, and Google Docs.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required