15 Brimmer Street
The Advent School is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to join the Advancement team.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will oversee the School-wide parent volunteer program, support the Parents Association, and create content for the School’s marketing efforts. The ideal candidate is able to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines, in addition to being a strong writer and editor.
This is a full-time, mid-level position that reports to the Director of Advancement. The Community Engagement Coordinator is a member of both the Administrative and Advancement teams, and works collaboratively with all members of the community. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Volunteer & Event Management (75%):
- Work with the Head of School, Director of Enrollment Management, Director of Advancement, and Department of Learning Services to provide support for on and off-campus events, including, but not limited to, Spring Benefit, Book Fair, and Grandfriends’ Day
- Provide administrative and event support to the Parent Association chairs and Class Parents
- Recruit parents from all grade levels to participate in School volunteer program
- Create a volunteer action plan for benchmarking volunteer engagement
- Maintain records of training and volunteer hours
- Plan annual volunteer recognition event
- Maintain event financial records, including revenue and expense reports
- Additional duties as assigned
Marketing & Communications (25%):
- Advance the School’s mission by being an active and engaged member of the community
- Collaborate with the Director of Advancement, Director of Enrollment Management, and the Marketing Committee to develop a multi-year communication and marketing strategy
- Manage and develop content for the School’s social media channels; interact with users on the sites to drive engagement and interest in the School’s programs
- Use Google Analytics and other evaluation tools to create campaigns that engage prospective parents and prospective community partners
- Integrate organic marketing across SEO, content, social media, and digital advertising
- Able to work collaboratively
- Experience working with volunteers
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Able to find creative solutions to challenges that may arise
- Fluency in all major social media platforms and Google Analytics
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience in the independent school or college environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In lieu of a cover letter, please read the following case study and include your responses to the questions with your resume: Advancement Application Case Study (click to download, or visit http://adventschool.org/welcome/employment/).
Please send the case study responses, along with your resume, to Abigail Hayhurst, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com.