8 Bashford Street
JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper
REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting
The Bookkeeper supports the finance team in various ways including: preparation of voucher reimbursements under government contracts, the update of accounting records for financial statements and the processing of contract rent payments for housing programs. The Bookkeeper will also serve as liaison and record keeper for audit and tax return filings of all corporate entities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports the Senior Grants Coordinator in the preparation of contract and grant vouchers to ensure reimbursement of program expenses, including assembling all required documentation.
• Prepares journal entries as directed to maintain general ledger in compliance with grant funding. Monitor collections and communicate as directed with funders as needed to ensure timely payment.
• Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of all tenant security deposit accounts. Ensures deposits are refunded to the tenant, DSS or Westhab as tenants vacate.
• Responsible for maintaining and distributing the events and donation revenue schedule.
• Supports the Accounts Payable Coordinator in the monthly payment of landlord rents. Reviews check requests for accuracy and completeness, processes rent checks and maintains permanent records needed to support reimbursement vouchers.
• Supports the Accounts Payable Coordinator periodically with accounts payable coding and entry.
• Supports the Financial Accountants with posting of payroll and other expenses needed for the preparation of monthly financial statements. Prepares the tenant rent billing and cash collection summary work papers.
• Back up to the Accounts Receivable Associate when necessary, with cash receipts and deposits, processing tenant rent adjustments and other accounts receivable duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Associates Degree in accounting, finance or business administration preferred. Minimum of two years of related work experience. Must demonstrate proficiency with Excel and Word. Requires strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Minimum Education Required