The New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute is a 501c (3) membership organization focused on improving the quality of health care, while reducing costs and increasing transparency. We work on initiatives with our multi-stakeholder members to further these goals. The Quality Institute engages a diverse array of partners, including employers, union funds, consumer groups, hospital systems, health care professionals, pharmaceutical companies, business groups, insurers, technology companies, academic institutions, government, and foundations, to further our initiatives. More information can be found at www.njhcqi.org.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Executive & Communications Assistant with a background in membership or service organizations. Background in the health care industry a plus. The role requires a polished individual with strong organizational, communication, and technology skills. This individual will support the administrative needs of the Institute. In addition, this position will assist with event planning and execution, as well as communication support via e-newsletter, social media channels, and website. The ideal candidate will possess highly proficient technology skills, the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail.
- Provide administrative support to program leads, including travel planning and scheduling;
- Provide program support for in person meetings and webinar preparation;
- Provide social media and website update support;
- Assist with event planning and execution;
- Support the production of biweekly e-newsletter;
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files to ensure that all project and office information is appropriately documented and secured;
- Provide high quality, general administrative support functions to prepare external work product;
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
- Experience with member or service organizations.
- Familiarity and experience working in the health care industry a plus.
- At least 5 years of program assistant, operations or office administrative experience, preferably in membership or service organization.
- Proficient experience with the Microsoft Operating System.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Office 365 and Internet Search Tools.
- Proficient experience with CRM systems – namely CiviCRM, WordPress websites, MailChimp, e-newsletters, Adobe, and Webex.
- Strong professional familiarity with Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Outstanding verbal and formal written communication skills for professional settings.
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, engaging environment.
- Must have driver’s license in good standing and daily access to a vehicle, as some travel is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Available immediately. Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter (as attachments) to Amanda Melillo and complete the following questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNgmrc8uYLW3nUH--iU5B7eFOOkzecG47iEH6UlO2WlcC1pQ/viewform?usp=sf_link