600 B East Gude Drive
General Description: The Development Assistant will provide Development team support for special events, volunteer projects, in-kind donations, and data entryto increase the team’s capacity to support MCCH programs and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Development Database Administrator with data entry, giftacknowledgements, compiling mailing lists,and following data hygiene best practices.
- Support men’s shelter meal program using web-basedscheduling tools and appropriate communications to donors and staff.
- Support annual gala by coordinating silent auctionin-kind donationsand tracking sponsor benefits.
- Respond to general volunteer and donor inquiries.
- Coordinate all volunteer paperwork including background checks, policies and procedures, and waivers, and ensure volunteer hoursand activitiesarerecorded.
- Coordinate annual back to school fair, including but not limited to soliciting in-kinddonations and organizing
- Coordinate annual holiday giving program, including but not limited to working with program staff to develop client wish lists, publicizing wish lists to the community, and organizing volunteers to sort and wrap gifts.
- Support ongoing efforts to obtain non-financial contributions to support client needs.
- Assist Donor Relationship Manager and Community Engagement Specialist as needed.
- Update MCCH volunteer opportunities on websites such asVolunteer Center and Volunteer Match.
- Approve SSL or community service hours for volunteers as appropriate.
- Contribute to Development and Communications department team effort.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- At least one year of experience working in the development department of a nonprofit organizationpreferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with a customer-servicefocus.
- Excellent organizational and project management
- Meticulous attention to detailand accuracy.
- Exercise discretionand confidentialityin handling client, donor, and other sensitive information.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge donor database preferred.
- Extremely comfortable with learning and using technology.
- Enthusiasm for learning new systems, identifyingimprovement and efficiency opportunities, and solving problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and to contribute to team environments.
- Supportive of MCCH’s mission and able to communicate the value of the mission.
Job Type: Full-time
Montgomery County Coalition from the Homeless is committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure and maintain a work/life balance.
MCCH offers: Medical, Dental, & Vision Care; Flexible Spending Accounts; Disability Insurance; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Accident Insurance. MCCH also offers a robust employee assistance program powered by the INOVA system.
Minimum Education Required