The Membership Engagement Specialist is a new, full-time, 12 month position for the Pennsylvania Integrated Library System Consortium (PaILS). This role will develop and strengthen the relationship between PaILS and SPARK libraries and librarians. The Membership Engagement Specialist will provide training, support, and advocacy for PaILS member libraries within the SPARK community. This role is likely to evolve as needs are determined and is subject to renewal after the first-year completion evaluation.
PaILS is the non-profit corporation that oversees SPARK, governed by a 9 member Board of Directors. SPARK is a comprehensive, remotely hosted, one-price solution for over 130 libraries in Pennsylvania. The software includes circulation, cataloging, serials, and acquisitions functionality built on the Evergreen open source ILS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE
• Planning, implementation, and maintenance of CRM.
• Update and maintain membership contact information. Oversight of mailing list membership.
• Assist with the on-boarding process for new member libraries. Attend meetings and help locations make decisions pertaining to preferred settings.
• Work in tandem with ILS Application Specialist to understand SPARK modules, functions, updates, developments.
• Create and present training and documentation, including audio/video and written content to support best practices. Organize and keep documentation up to date.
• Provide updates for website and social media.
• Create and maintain support, training, and events calendars.
• Communications to SPARK community related, but not limited, to training, member highlights, SPARK features and development.
• Identify gaps in training for SPARK libraries and create curriculum based on needs assessment.
• Visit libraries to develop and strengthen relationships.
• Coordinate and provide virtual and in person trainings, demos, forums and meetings for SPARK member libraries and prospects.
• Work with SPARK User Group as liaison between SPARK users and PaILS.
• Keep current with library trends and new product availability.
• Participate in regional, state, and national professional associations.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
• Training experience with various platforms for creation of videos, tutorials, quizzes, and other learning tools.
• Frequent travel across Pennsylvania is required.
• Ability to provide a high level of customer service to varying audiences.
• Experience utilizing a CRM.
• Ability to work independently and remotely.
• Must be a motivated self-starter, flexible and able to manage various projects simultaneously.
• Strategic thinking skills with an emphasis on compassion, empathy and respect.
Salary is $50,000 annually and a generous benefits package. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 8, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Membership Engagement Specialist is a new, full-time, 12 month position for the Pennsylvania Integrated Library System Consortium (PaILS). This role will develop and strengthen the relationship between PaILS and SPARK libraries and…