Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
1415 N. Dayton
At Girls on the Run-Chicago (GOTRC), we envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We believe in the power and promise of the next generation of women. Using a fun, experience-based curriculum that creatively integrates running, we teach the life skills girls need to step into the world as strong, confident women.
Our 10-week, 20 session after-school program occurs at 450 schools and community sites across 8 counties, and will reach 11,000 girls in 2018. Led by teams of volunteer coaches, Girls on the Run builds physical and social-emotional skills in 3-5th grade girls, while our Heart & Sole program engages girls in 6-8th grade. Each program integrates training for the Girls on the Run 5k into the program as a template for healthy goal-setting and success.
Girls on the Run-Chicago is looking for our next Development Assistant to provide critical administrative and project support to our fundraising team as we work together to raise over $1 million dollars to support our programs in low-income communities. Working under the guidance of our Development Manager, the Development Assistant will have the opportunity to learn about and participate in all aspects of fundraising including individual giving, special events, charity athlete programs, foundations, and corporate engagement by providing critical administrative and project support, generating gift acknowledgements, and completing data entry. The right candidate will be detail-oriented, excited to learn and perform in a fun environment, and passionate about building the next generation of women.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Data Management (50%)
· Manage all donor data entry in Salesforce, Crowdrise, Raceplanner, and/or any other current or future data system, including data related to individual donations, grants, sponsorships, matching gifts, as well as ticket sales and auction items for special events.
· Enter and maintain donor, sponsor, and foundation contact information in the database.
· Generate and send donor acknowledgment letters and tax receipts for all donations to the organization in a timely manner (within 3 business days of receiving most gifts).
· Generate mailing lists and reports from the database as needed, including Give/Get Reports for Governing Board and Associate Board members, individual giving reports, and donor segmentation reports.
· Set-up and monitor online registration pages for GOTRC special events and fundraising campaigns, manage guest lists and participant data, and provide ongoing reports to key staff and board.
Department Support (40%)
· Assist with research and qualification of prospective donors including grant makers, corporate sponsors, and high net worth individuals. Enter research into Salesforce and provide Development Manager with reports.
· Organize and draft Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for prospective grant makers at the direction of the Development Manager, and based on grant maker’s eligibility criteria and application guidelines.
· Organize and manage all department materials for key projects and activities including but not limited to special events, corporate engagement opportunities, outreach events, in-store or sponsor related events, and the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
· Assemble sponsorship packets, both digital and physical, and maintain supplies of thank you cards and other stewardship supplies.
· Maintain real-time inventory of donated auction items, charity athlete gear, fundraising prizes, and in-kind donations of food and beverage for events.
· Complete key event and fundraising related mailings including sending materials and supplies to donors and charity athletes, and facilitating the mailing of individual giving campaigns.
· Manage the organization’s matching gifts program in partnership with the Finance & Administration team.
· Contribute in an administrative capacity by answering phones, attending staff and department meetings, and other duties as assigned.
Outreach & Community (10%)
· Support the Development Manager in the execution of successful events, including but not limited to the Run Like a Girl Soirée and Spring Give for Girls, and support the Corporate Relations Manager at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
· Support logistics and staffing for in-store and other sponsor engagement and volunteer events.
· Organize GOTRC presence at expos and on race day in support of our SoleMates charity athlete team, including coordinating any hospitality and overseeing supply load-in and load-out.
· Attend community events, expos, and races in support of our team and/or to support recruitment and outreach efforts.
· Support development and program teams in outreach to GOTRC alumnae.
Reports to: Development Manager
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
· Strong passion for the organization and our mission.
· 1-2 years of previous work experience with nonprofits and/or program coordination and/or fundraising is desirable, but not required.
· Computer competence, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and database software (Salesforce experience preferred, Constant Contact experience a plus).
· Strong sense of initiative and ongoing anticipation of department and manager needs.
· Strong attention to detail with ability to organize and manage information from a variety of sources and formats.
· Excellent communication skills, including writing, grammar, speaking, and presentation abilities.
· Ability/willingness to act as substitute coach if needed.
· Outstanding relationship-building skills and the ability to respond quickly and empathically to volunteers, community contacts, parents, teachers, and others.
· Ability to travel within assigned territory.
· Applicant must be willing to undergo a comprehensive background check.
This position reports to the Development Manager. This position is part-time but may evolve to a full-time role within 9-12 months. Evening and weekend hours are often required. Vacation blackout periods may apply. Salary commensurate with experience.
Girls on the Run-Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Minimum Education Required