- Contribute to the development and execution of content marketing and program communication and promotion plans, including social media marketing, digital advertising, blog production, and other campaigns.
- Collaborate with the M&C team, including graphic design, program marketing, and content marketing, and with the Information Systems team to produce and publish content on the VentureWell website and Salesforce community.
- Contribute to optimization of web content for search visibility and the development and use of Google Ads.
- Use analytics to track and measure marketing and content engagement and contribute to reports to internal stakeholders.
- Audit and maintain website content and propose updates or removal of outdated content.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in communications, marketing, web design; an equivalent combination of education, training, and professional experience will also be considered.
- Work experience in web production, 3-5 years of related professional experience is preferred; experience in higher education, nonprofits, or startup incubator/accelerator, or agency work with these sectors is ideal; passion for science and technology is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people across differences, including race, sex, or class, through positive behaviors and attitudes.
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing, copywriting, and editing
- Superior project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience managing content in Wordpress
- Experience using CRM and marketing automation tools such as Salesforce and Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo, or similar; high degree of comfort learning and using digital tools and applications; experience with Google Analytics/Ads and familiarity with Adobe creative suite are ideal
In addition to the above position-specific requirements, all VentureWell staff are expected to:
- Be able to succeed and thrive in an environment with competing and changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Have a track record of, and ability to build, solid, collaborative working relationships; and are strong team players who enjoy a “customer service” orientation to collaboration
- Be committed to embedding equity in our internal practices and culture and in our programs in order to live and achieve our mission
- Bring openness and engagement to personal, professional, and organization-wide learning on race, class, gender, justice, and equity
- Be self-starters with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality work
- Be active learners who independently learn new tools and work processes quickly
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills