Part Time Contract
Details: $750 / Case
2000 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Mil Mujeres, a non-profit legal services organization dedicated to providing comprehensive immigration legal services to Spanish-speaking survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, is searching for a Contract Attorney to assist with our Special Immigrant Juveniles Status cases (SIJS) in family court.
- We will consider recent law school graduates.
- Candidates must be licensed to practice law in this following jurisdictions: VA.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
- Interviewing and assisting victims, and drafting written work products in the area of SIJS.
- Representing immigrant children in uncontested custody hearings in family court.
- Mastering substantive areas of immigration law as it applies to helping our SIJS cases.
- Enthusiastically working with immigrant populations.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter, identifying "Contact Attorney" in the subject line of your email. No phone call please.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required