Details: Opportunity for bonus based on performance
Founded in 2010, Minds Matter of San Francisco (MMSF) is a college access non-profit that transforms the lives of low-income high school students through high-touch mentorship and college readiness instruction. In the past 8 years, MMSF has grown from serving 11 high-school students in its inaugural class to 82 students annually. Most notably, MMSF thrives off the power of its 250+ volunteers that contribute anywhere from 2 to 20+ hours on a weekly basis.
Minds Matter exists to amplify its students’ chances of gaining admission and graduating from our nation's most selective colleges, resulting in the surest path out of poverty. In the US, only 41% of high-achieving low-income youth graduate college, compared to 74% of their similarly scoring, high-income peers. MMSF, despite serving students a median family income of only $26,000, is on-track for 95% of its first two classes to graduate from college, compared to the national average of 40%.
The organization is looking to grow its impact aggressively with the goal of serving 1,500 students by 2025. In order to do so, MMSF is looking for an authentically passionate, impact-focused leader to take the organization to the next level and create lasting impact.
- Strategy and impact: Develop, own, and implement strategic plans that meet impact goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors
- Inspirational leader: Authentically passionate about MMSF’s mission; inspire, lead, and motivate a large team of volunteers; recruit/develop/retain/manage the Executive Team (currently all-volunteer, potentially paid staff in future)
- Fundraising: Oversee fundraising activities to expand donor base to meet needs associated with programmatic growth. Grow operating budget by 33-50% in the next two years.
- Partnerships: Establish sustainable strategic partnerships with key stakeholders (e.g., public high schools, target universities, influential community leaders)
- Gets stuff done: Roll-up sleeves and pitch-in as necessary to execute on key business functions
Compensation & Benefits
- Bay Area competitive compensation, including benefits
- Full-time employment with flexibility to work some evenings and Saturday afternoons during school year (i.e. attend most Minds Matter sessions)
- Flexible work location with ample opportunity to work-from-home
Requirements / Capabilities
- 7-10 years work experience, preferably both in private and social sectors
- MBA or equivalent work experience; MEd/MPA/MPP a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
- Data-driven: makes decisions based on data; sets quantitative targets, is relentless about hitting them
- Experience managing and leading teams; previous experience in a senior leadership role, a plus
- Expert communicator: Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development; experience with sales/fundraising/client-services, a plus
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment: gets excited about the opportunity to bring structure and order to ambiguity and chaos
Full benefits (medical and dental)
Flexible work location with ample opportunity to work-from-home
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and statement of interest to email@example.com