Full Time Contract
Employment Type: Project Staff
The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Gender Justice Organizer will responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of comprehensive sexual education campaign in Miami Dade. The Gender Justice Organizer will be responsible for bringing awareness to comprehensive sexual education for young people as a reproductive and racial justice issue. The Gender Justice Organizer reports to the Organizing Director.
· Build a sexual education coalition of parents, teachers, youth and healthcare providers in Miami Dade
· Develop relationships with key stakeholders to advance the campaign
· Build a base of grassroots leaders in support of the campaign, including young people, parents, teachers, health care providers, etc.
· Develop a campaign strategy, and incorporate tactics like direct actions, civic engagement and lobbying.
· Facilitate trainings and leadership development sessions for campaign activists and leaders.
· Represent NewFM and its grassroots leaders in comprehensive sexual education related coalition(s); develop & maintain relationships with partner organizations, allies and community leaders.
· Develop awareness and activism on policy issues and politics around comprehensive sexual education.
· Identify individuals who can participate in community activities and leadership development trainings related to comprehensive sexual education.
· Build a base of grassroots activists and leaders
· Coordinate training series – identify needs, develop workshops, conduct training and document curriculum.
· Represent NewFM in forums, public meetings, and community coalitions by working with the communications staff to develop coherent community relations and building community visibility.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Must have a strong understanding of the need for comprehensive sexual education for young people as a reproductive and racial justice issue.
· The ideal candidate is a seasoned organizer, a strategic campaign planner, and an experienced staff manager and a leader with grassroots, labor, and/or political organizing experience.
· Applicant must share a commitment to the organization's mission and have at least 2 (two) years of experience in gender justice advocacy, coalition building or community organizing.
· Strong track record of developing winning campaigns, mobilizing large numbers of people into action and building community leadership.
· Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
· Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, according to goals of the organization.
· Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
· Ability to work well as part of a team and contribute to our diverse, community-based organization.
· Must be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please write Gender Justice Organizer in email subject line.