Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
121 Steuart Street
The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (JCF) of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties is a philanthropic catalyst, connecting Bay Area Jews – of all ages, backgrounds, and perspectives – to the power we have as a community to improve the world. Our vision is for a vibrant, connected, and enduring Jewish community that is a force for good locally, in Israel, and around the world. Our work is guided by the timeless Jewish values of kehilla (community), tzedakah (giving with just intention), and tikkun olam (repairing the world).
The Jewish Community Endowment Fund, part of JCF, manages relationships with about 1,000 clients across nearly $2 billion of assets that make donor-advised grants of over $200M per year into our communities. Our philanthropic advisory practice, Federation Philanthropy Partners, works with these clients, who all have unique situations and varying degrees of need for our guidance. Our aim is to be a deeply trusted advisor, and to inform, educate, inspire, and challenge philanthropy driven by Jewish values, and the philanthropists in our communities. Our practice and our team will be growing in the coming years, and we are especially interested in candidates who inspire confidence, model positively for those around them, and have deep experience delivering client service. We are also especially interested in candidates who are forward- thinking, who have an entrepreneurial track record, are able to contribute to a growing business and who want to join a team working to build a new model of 21st century and next generation Jewish philanthropy.
The Client Operations Manager will have responsibility for the day-to-day operations of Federation Philanthropy Partners, and, under the guidance of the Managing Director, also be responsible for the streamlining and rapid improvement in the client operations. The Manager will work closely with the Managing Director and the team to design business process and procedure so that Federation Philanthropy Partners operates as one seamless whole. These responsibilities will include bringing together previously separated operational silos in grantmaking, client service, records and document and client management of Supporting Foundations and Donor Advised Funds into a more integrated whole that is focused on people and relationship and education. These responsibilities will also involve, under the guidance of the Managing Director and the other Advisors, the design and implementation of new products for clients, and the business process and platform integration that comes with them.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
· Manages our effort to continuously improve client operations
· Establishes robust client relationship management practices and systems
· With internal partners, leads our effort to overhaul the client interface for their philanthropic funds, including collaborative decision-making on platform, vendors, timing, transition, business process, and communication
· Manages the design and implementation of new products, and the business process and platform integration needed to launch and maintain them with internal and external partners
· Implements a client tiering methodology and the business practices that go with it
· Uses, establishes, and implements other segments in our systems useful for analytics, events, and community-building
· Partners productively and collaboratively with internal and external partners in the design and delivery of compelling client service
· Collaborates effectively with Development’s Campaign Operations team, where possible reinforcing each other’s systems, decisions, and sharing best practices and implementation
· As appropriate, under the guidance of the Managing Director, works effectively with volunteer leadership
· Participates as the operational lynchpin of the philanthropy advisory practice
· Is grounded in and knowledgeable about the offerings of Federation Philanthropy Partners and about Federation’s overall priorities and issue areas, and is able to speak to constituents fluently about such
· This position may require occasional attendance/participation at events in the evening or on weekends
· Exceptional operational track record: proven ability to create and implement business systems and processes
· Passion and proven track record for finding multivalent operational problems and challenges in complex businesses, and fixing them
· Experience in a multi-faceted client service environment related to philanthropy, and/or fundraising (donor-advised vehicles, foundations, major gifts, planned gifts), and/or other types of program delivery or advising
· Proven ability to create, maintain, and improve technology-enabled client process and procedure that works for clients and for the team that is delivering service
· Background in developing analytics for systems, process, and their intersections with finance
· Intrapraneurial or entrepreneurial track record required
· Knowledge of and appreciation for the Jewish community, its customs and practices
· Proven ability to work collaboratively across departments and disciplines to deliver projects focused on delivering excellence to clients
· Must have a positive attitude that inspires confidence and action
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to establish and meet objectives and performance standards
· Experience working with lay leaders and in creating and maintaining healthy lay/professional relationships
· Experience with specifications, client relationship management, other relationship software platforms and business process around such
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and various electronic communication tools
· Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree in a related field preferred
All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
Excellent benefits — medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, holidays (including Jewish), and retirement plan
Minimum Education Required