1025 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Third Way is currently seeking a Scheduler/Special Assistant to support and manage the busy calendar of the CEO. This positions will maintain the schedule, travel plans, and board activity for the CEO. This position involves managing schedules and organizing meetings for CEO and occasionally other members of the executive team; researching, drafting, and editing materials; organizing events; and performing other tasks as needed.
This position calls for a highly organized individual with strong writing skills; the ability to prioritize competing demands; and the ability to manage relationships.
As the Scheduler/Special Assistant, you will have two major areas of responsibilities:
· Manage the CEO calendar to ensure schedules are handled and organized in an efficient and professional manner, including:
o Scheduling internal and external meetings
o Keeping CEO informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments
o Organizing and coordinating travel logistics, itineraries, and agendas
o Preparing materials for meetings and travel
o Regularly reminding CEO of commitments, calendar obligations, and weekly to-do lists
· Plan meetings, conference calls, and staff events, including regular management committee meetings and all-staff meetings.
· Complete administrative tasks, including:
o Drafting, proofreading, and/or editing a wide range of internal communications, reports, talking points, and presentations
o Tracking, monitoring, and reconciling monthly expenses and credit card receipts
o Drafting correspondences to external contacts
o Maintaining files and other important documentation
o Other administrative tasks, as needed
· Work closely with the Business Operations and Finance Teams, in addition to other program areas.
· Identify areas for additional support in alignment with organizational needs
· Serve as the secondary contact for the Board of Trustees and their staff, including:
o Establishing warm relationships with Board of Trustees staff
o Monitoring communications with the Board to ensure correspondences are handled efficiently and effectively
o Maintaining Board of Trustee roster and renewal terms
o Coordinating and scheduling all meetings between the CEO and the Board
· Provide fundraising support to the CEO, including:
o Conducting research on prospective donors, presenting findings in reports
o Maintaining an active donor database with all meetings the CEO has had with donors and each donor’s complete giving history
o Monitoring the stewardship process to ensure the CEO follows-up with donors after their contribution has been received
o Ensuring all required fundraising documentation are properly maintained and saved
· Manage all aspects of event planning for Board of Trustees meetings, including:
o Selecting meeting venues and logistical needs for each meeting
o Generating and distributing invitations
o Collecting RSVPs and providing regular attendance updates
o Preparing and compiling meeting materials in advance meetings
o Attending meetings to record meeting minutes
· Support the CEO’s communications efforts with the Board of Trustees, including:
o Overseeing projects to write, edit, and distribute monthly Board of Trustees emails
o Assisting the CEO with drafting of regular email correspondences to the Board
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Diplomatic at communicating with staff and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and handle confidential information.
This might be the job for you, if you like…
- Working collaboratively with others.
- Keep others on track and informed.
- Pay close attention to details and take pride in your work.
- Are curious and eager to learn.
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- Communicate clearly in writing and speak eloquently when describing Third Way's mission.
- Are motivated and driven by your passion to build sustainable solutions.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who foster divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Visit our careers page at www.thirdway.org to learn about our benefits, culture, and perks.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Detailed instructions can be found at https://thirdway.recruitee.com/o/schedulerspecial-assistant.