National Director, Family Child Care Home Visiting Initiative
- Job posted by The Parent-Child Home Program
163b Mineola Boulevard
The Parent-Child Home Program (PCHP) is a national early childhood/school readiness home visiting program. Building on our deep community connections, we have expanded to reach out both to the many families who cannot access home visiting supports because their children are in a family child care setting 8–10 hours per day, and to the providers who care for those children. The PCHP Family Child Care ini-tiative works with home-based care providers, bringing school readiness supports into care environments through intensive home visiting, and reaches out to the parents of children in care to increase their access to school readiness information, materials, and activities. Having completed an extensive pilot phase, we are now focusing on national expansion.
To lead this expansion, PCHP seeks a self-motivated leader who is passionate about our mission and driven to expand early learning supports to family child care providers and families in underserved communities across the country. This role is interdisciplinary and will require an entrepreneurial work ethic, nimble project management skills, and visionary disposition.
Please visit the Parent-Child Home Program website for more information on our organization’s history and our exciting Family Child Care model. Join us to play a key role in this expansion!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the ongoing scaling of the FCC model, collaborating on the development of a multi-year growth plan.
• Conduct outreach to early childhood and child care stakeholders across direct service, advocacy, and research to position the FCC model within the larger early childhood education and care system.
• Identify and develop public and private partnerships and funding streams to support the expansion of the FCC model, at the local, state, and federal level.
• Manage the PCHP FCC Network, comprised of all implementing sites, to ensure model fidelity, cross-learning, and identification and implementation of best practices.
• Develop and deliver training to all new sites.
• Provide technical support to all sites on implementation, curriculum, data collection, and reporting.
• Update and expand curriculum materials.
Research and Evaluation
• In conjunction with the Research and Evaluation team, support future evaluation of and research on the FCC model, assisting in research design development, data management, and analysis.
• Lead the ongoing review of the FCC model’s impact assessment strategy, adjusting data collection protocols where necessary.
Internal Practice and Content Development
• Lead internal work to further inform and develop the FCC model with learnings from the field.
• Oversee content development related to data and outcomes reporting, grant applications and reports, strategic communications, and other internal and external materials.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
PCHP is looking for a candidate who:
• Is passionate about equal access to high-quality early education and closing the school readiness gap; has experience working, living, or volunteering in low-income communities, and can advocate for investment therein.
• Has experience in program development and management, perhaps specific to scaling successful pilot initiatives; is familiar with strategic planning, able to develop a proactive vision, and enjoys the itera-tive process of developing programs.
• Is a skilled project manager; enjoys juggling many moving parts and has experience managing com-plex projects with a sense of urgency.
• Is a strategic communicator, able to navigate multiple perspectives, with experience communicating across a variety of stakeholders and building trusted relationships.
• Has experience designing/delivering training and enjoys facilitating groups of adult learners.
• Has an exceptional track record of professionalism with 5+ years of professional experience, at least two of which are in a similar role or organization.
This candidate may also have:
• Experience working in or interacting with child care systems.
• Experience managing others – an associate-level position is likely to be added in the next year.
• A practical understanding of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods.
PCHP intends to hire an associate-level staff member dedicated to the FCC model; the Director will su-pervise this position. The position will report to the CEO.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
This position involves approximately 10–15% travel.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and competitive within the nonprofit sector.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum B.A. in education, public policy, or similar; graduate degree preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Please include a range of your salary expectations. We look forward to hearing from you!